• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pink Slime Takes Cities

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pink Slime Takes Cities

Alberta election results. Somebody had to say it.

Great to see you last night per. Sorry I couldn't chat
    longer. Duty called.

For those of you interested, I was the Wildrose Party's
    official photographer for Danielle on the campaign. I
    spent the last couple of weekends on the bus with her
    and the staff capturing the event.

http://www.loreephotography.com/2012/04/danielle
    /

Comment

That didn't rap right Lori.

Here is a better entry:

http://www.loreephotography.com/2012/04/danielle/

Comment

sure disapointing the PC's lost a couple of powerful ABP members. ;-(

Comment

That must have been quite a unique experience Lori
          and you captured some great images.

I noticed that too wd40 and was pleased to see that
          little gravy train derailed - sell out ranchers interests
          on behalf of the Government and then get paid back
          by a safe Tory seat and cushy retirement fund.
          I'd like to think that beef producers were responsible
          for getting rid of at least Doerksen, Davis, Morton,
          Berger and Oulette. A certain poetic justice in an
          otherwise disappointing outcome.

Comment

In the Innisfail/Sylvan Lake Riding our landowner group got involved with the WRP after the government passed Bill 24 (Carbon Capture). Many people don't recognize Bill 24 was the first confiscation of property without compensation or access to the courts.

At that time we realized the government had an agenda to end all private property rights and the rule of law.

We backed a young "no name" women (Kerry Towle), after talking to her. We wanted someone who could be taught.....not another politician!

Because the riding is dominated by two large towns, we knew we had to win it in those towns. We built a team of urban and rural, and quite frankly we just plain out worked the PC incumbent!

We door knocked the towns, we held townhalls across the countryside, For two months we spent every day working at getting Kerry out there in front of the voters. In the process she came a long way. She was a smart little button to start with, but really got to be a good speaker and able to handle the tough questions.(I spent countless hours filling her in on property rights issues-I was her campaign manager).

On April 23rd it all paid off. We won both towns and aced the rural areas.
            This was a pretty amazing result for a candidate who had never sat on any kind of committee or board in her life!
            We worked damned hard to get her elected.

Watch for her in the legislature standing up for property rights. I think a lot of people are going to be amazed by this young MLA! Between her and Joe Anglin the government will be held to account when they steal our land!

In the next election we intend to do the same kind of thing in other rural/urban ridings! We are not going to roll over and let these thieves steal our property.

Comment

Awesome ASRG. This was a victory folks. Morton out whooo hooo. Don't forget - a lot of the other conservative cronies bailed when they thought they were in trouble as well.

Despite the majority - this is a different group of people and we need to remind them that they are Conservatives. Almost the entire area affected by the power line debacle including the power king Morton's riding is now WRP green. Tell me that is not a democratic message to our Premier. And yes, Joe and the gang will be there to remind them.

The other part about the majority thing is that it allows confidence for business. A few more seats for Wild Rose would have been nice, but they did not need a minority government either. They are now set to win a majority in the next election with a little tweaking here and there. Alberta is still Conservative - just a little scared to be truly Conservative just yet.

Comment

Add Jack Hayden to the list of casualties done by rural voters. Rick Strankman is our new MLA and he might work out better than some think.

Its going to be hard to watch a government with so little representation from agriculture. They will need reminders of where food comes from.

Comment

The author and the bum boy of Bill36
                  are both gone. Ted Morton and Evan Burger are gone,gone,gone and thank God they are.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...