• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Choice ... to look or not .....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Choice ... to look or not .....

The backside of Bull Sale season is here. We'd like to invite you to view our Your Choice Black Angus Bull Sale offering for Friday, April 20, 2012. The catalogue is online as well as colored pics of the bulls and Dams.
    We also have a Buckskin prospect in the bull sale. Our 26th annual offering of Black, Open, Replacements sell the day before ~ Thursday, April 19. Lots of pics and video for those fancy females.

Here are the links:
    www.YourChoiceBullSale.ca

http://southshadow.homestead.com/Lot50.html

http://southshadow.homestead.com/Commercial_Heifers.html

Thanks for looking - have a good (and safe) calving and seeding season.

too many bull sales and too many bulls. Some of these greedy purebred breeders should have cut half of their bulls but now with the glut the price is causeing a lot to be sent to slaughter where they should have gone in the first place.

Comment

Does that mean you've knocked half your calves in the head Pro-farmer?

Wouldn't want a greedy commercial producer to take advantage of a rise in the market would we? It has been my experience that cheap bulls are just that and take good traits away faster than one can add them back in.

Im this particular case, the Delormes' have a good product worth looking through.

Comment

Good looking cattle!

Best wishes for a great sale.

Comment

Profarmer - we have dabbled a bit with culling. One of those tools generously passed down through the generations of our family; my In-laws acquired their culling tool in the '60, gave it to ourselves and we've shared it with our kids and granddaughters. A similar story on the commercial side but with a 20 yr headstart ... my grandparents to my folks and from ourselves to our kids and granddaughters. Disclaimer- the oldest just turned 4 so they aren't actually making a whole lot of decisions yet, just a lot of imput/output :-)

Was there a particular bull you were looking at? Shoot man - give us a call and we can explain his existance to you. In the meantime, we can offer you an example of what our bulls can do you for; every last one of the commercial replacement heifers are sired by home-raised bulls. Even the Black Simmental sired ones - our son and his family are carrying on with his in-law's established purebred herd. On that note I'll try to use a little fore-sight (have this gut feeling your next thought might be along the lines of 'funny business' between the two purebred herds). Lay your cash on the table for DNA tests and we'll gladly pull hair - heck you can even watch if you want. Bring a jacket and rubber boots, we don't have an indoor facility.

Thanks for giving me an opportunity to explain our program ;-)

PS: The majority of our steer calves have went to the same buyer the last 4 yrs in a row.

Comment

Thanks gcreekrch and burnt for the support. Appreciated for sure! Seeing as you two live so darn far away - you can watch the Thursday and Friday action on the internet. http://www.agrimart.ca/cowtown/

Comment

I will gladly vouch that they are good
              ranch cattle worth looking at. There are
              all kinds and sizes of purebred
              operations, but the good ones are cattle
              operations that are serious about the
              business. I believe IaH qualifies...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...