• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Property Rights Advocate?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Previous page Home page
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Redford government is in full damage control mode after their little public relations exercise, called the “Property Rights Task Force”, proved to be such a dismal failure!

It must have been very discouraging for the rural backbenchers who bothered to drag themselves out to the open houses, to see their former supporters roundly condemning the four land theft bills? It must have been the feeling a used car salesman gets when he suddenly realizes all his BS isn’t going to get that “lemon” sold?

So like any good used car salesman….it’s back to the drawing board! Put some sawdust in the engine, paint over the rust spots, turn the odometer back some more, come up with some new lies….. “the owner was a retired minister who only drove 6 blocks to church every Sunday”!

The newest version of “We are here to protect your property rights. We care”, runs something like this:
    We are going to create a “Property Rights Advocate Office” for you poor down trodden peasants! This will solve all your problems…….because we truly care about you!

What an absolute bunch of CRAP!

No power to do anything! Will give helpful advice (yes dear….you should sign that lease.....$1200 an acre is fair)! Will wipe the tears from your eyes after you get screwed! What kind of drivel is this?

To add insult to injury……..you will get to pay for a whole other bunch of government bums! You will get to pay for some old government hack to pat your hand and say “There, there…..it will be alright. We all have to sacrifice for the “public good”, don’t you know? That’s a good boy, be cheerful, chin up now!

Have you had enough yet? Are you ready to walk off that used car lot and walk down the street?

ASRG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ya why would you need an advocate if you had
    any real rights?

Comment

Wonder if the "property rights" advocate will be like the farmers advocate is now? Useless and spends more time defending the rights of gov't and the oilpatch to the unruly farmers than the other way around.
      The last farmers advocate was a total waste of taxpayers money and fermers time when trying to get that office to work on behalf of farmers.

Comment

Mcfarms: I certainly agree with your assessment of the last Farmers Advocate, Jim Kiss. Mr. Kiss used tostart off every speech by stating he was an "oil friendly" FA!
        A new FA has been appointed. I believe he is Peter Dobbie.....a lawyer from Vegreville?

Comment

ASRG wouldn't be Stelmach's lawyer by any chance? Jim Kiss was appointed by some MLA as he was his campaign manager. Cann't for the life me remember but he sure got his marching orders from the oil and gas sector and he had no bones about admitting he was there to assist the o&g boys get on to the land with least amount of benefit to the landowner.

Comment

The future unveiled.

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20120322/CGY_premier_petroleum_120322/20120322/?hub=CalgaryHome

Comment

per: Alison is snuggled right up to the big oil boys, without a doubt!
              As long as we have the basically "unlimited political donation system" in place the government is going to be open to the highest bidder!
              We really do need to look at how political campaigns are funded?
              Now I will not say the Wildrose doesn't accept oil money, because they do!(I am campaign manager for my local WRP candidate) At our local constituency level I can tell you almost all of our donations come from local business and individuals. It is amazing how many people have donated $100, $200, $300!....a lot of farmers and ranchers!(by the way I resigned from the board of Alberta Surface Rights Group, so as not to be in a conflict of interest).
              We did take one $1,000 donation from an oil company....and we had quite a "discussion" about that! I sat the candidate down and read her the riot act about how donations were not going to "buy her"! She is pretty much a straight shooter now and I sure hope she isn't corrupted when she gets up with those bunch of wolves in Edmonton!

Comment

I am trying to visualize what a one stop permitting regime will mean surface property owners. There was a reason that there were multiple steps. Makes protecting our Property Rights even more imperative.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...