• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$1000 /month great bonus

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$1000 /month great bonus

21 MLA's receive $1000 a month for the last 39 months for not attending meetings, sounds like the Alberta government deserves the Cdn. Tax Payer Federation Teddy award. And good old Ray Prinis out does them all as chairman of this invisible committee with a total of 1800 a month. Great job Ray.

Good old Ray Prins, what a schmuck. He's got to be
    on the short list for the dumbest MLA - he makes
    Luke Oullette look smart. Seems unable to
    understand simple concepts even when you explain
    them in detail at a level a child could understand.
    I remember also some NFU members had a meeting
    with him @ 2006 and were complaining about the
    crisis in the beef sector - his answer was "well if you
    don't like the business you can always quit it like I
    did" I think he was a failed hog producer if I
    remember right.

Comment

Prior to the public Task Force on Property Rights meetings the government held two "Stakeholders meetings"-one at Nisku and one at Airdrie.

About 20 "stakeholders" and McQueen, Berger and the rest of the government Task Force members.

So for two hours the farmer/rancher types blasted the four land bills! At the end of the meeting the MLAs all took a turn thanking us for coming, looking contrite, and telling us they heard where we were coming from!

All except good old Ray Prins.....who told us we needed to be educated better on the wonders of government policy! He said he was a landowner too.....and he was happy as a lark with the government property rights!

The guy sat there for 2 hours and never heard a thing! At least the other 7 or 8 tried to pretend they listened!

Comment

So if they can get $1000/month for not meeting, what did they get paid to attend the task force?

Comment

I think that $1000 a month to ensure they
          do nothing is a pretty small investment to
          ensure the future of the province. The
          ones that are actively doing something are
          the dangerous ones. Maybe we should
          consider upping it to $1500 a month and
          try to get all of them on board with doing
          nothing...

Comment

lol now that is funny! But don't give them any ideas!lol

Comment

Redford annouces for immediate release, her exective assistent read on Agri-ville that rural Alberta is 100% in favor of increasing the monthly rate for this committee be increased to 2000 dollars a month. Special conditions attached/ non taxable, no meeting to be convened for a further 40 months since the same procedure so well for the 21 mla's that did not meet for the same duration. This is not a offical Redford press release it well come out as a bar poster.

Comment

Sean: You might have a good point there? Ralph was a pretty good premier when he was bombed all the time?

When he went on the wagon, he started actually doing stuff that messed up our lives!

Maybe we should pay every MLA a salary to just stay home?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...