• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Electricity Gong Show Continues!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Electricity Gong Show Continues!

Yesterday Redford and Morton pulled off a slight of hand by freezing power rates (on a falling market) and then quickly announcing the two export lines, one on each side of Highway QE 11, would be built right away.
    Of course both Redford and Morton had said they would not build either line when they were running for the leadership of the PC party......but suddenly they saw the light.....when ATCO and ALTALINK quietly reminded them about the donations they had made to both!
    Morton went further in showing how crooked this bunch has become when he said from now on all new transmission lines would require public hearings and needs assessments, and all future lines would require a tendering process....unlike these two lines which were handed on a silver platter to their pals!
    Unfortunately most urban Albertans will probably buy this garbage, without realizing what a crooked deal the whole thing really is?
    Look for a rapid expropriation of farmland along both of these lines. It will be here's what we are paying, take it and get your damned cows off OUR land!

I don't know what Redford is smoking these days but she is now looking like that same glazed over look like Ted Morton. My electric bill is out of control and there is only one party to blame and the quicker we get rid of them the better.

Comment

How is that Enmax, Epcor and Direct Energy can offer contracts for power at rates like 8 cents per kilowatt/hr? Because what we pay on the regulated rate, is NOT the ACTUAL COST of the electricity, but an inflated rate based on the idiotic AESO scheme for generator bids. The deal goes down like this, if you compared it to an auction market.

Cattle sell all day but buyers still need to fill some trucks, so the last pen of cattle goes for an enormous price. Then the auction market turns to the previous sellers and tells them, "guess what you all get the same price as the last pen". Normally the order buyers would scream blue murder; but, the order buyers in the electrical system are AESO employees who don't give a rats patuti about the rate payers wallets. No skin off their noses, the lowly Alberta rate payer will pay whatever amount the scheming SOBs set.

Time to replace some bureacrats too. I vote we start with AESO. Clear the boards and start fresh, as they say.

Comment

I agree Kathy , start at the top with the premier and work your way done.

Comment

In Alberta, you are the only ones with any choice in suppliers. In your experiences opinions, which are the most reasonable companies to deal with in Southern Alberta for example?

Comment

I'm not sure because I'm with a rural electrification association (CAREA). They do a good job I think? $.0795/kw.
            It isn't the electricity that costs but the distribultion and transmission costs....they are more than the actual electricity....like 2/3rd of the bill.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...
            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.