• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Imported pork products

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imported pork products

I see that our local co-op is selling pork back-ribs this week on sale. I see that they are stamped product of Finland.

Why are we selling these in Canada when many of our own producers have had to shut down in the past few years because of a glut of pork and low hog prices? Now that our producers are getting back into production as the market improves we see these imports competing against our domestic production.

When Stockwell Day was Foreign Trade Minister did his tinkering with some Mini-Free Trade Agreements over in Europe encourage these cheap imports? I understand that he did ink some minor agreements with a handful of countries.

How come this didn't show up after first posting? Glitch in the software perhaps?

Comment

I tried some of those imported pork back-ribs. First thing I noticed was when they started to cook...yep you guessed it BOAR taint. Knock a maggot off a gut wagon. anyway I knew that the pork was edible and the taste was bareable. Never again with that crap though...I'll stick with our own pork.

Comment

the animal rights idiots want to ban the
        castration of male hogs. Most of them
        are vegans, so they could care less about
        boar taint.

Comment

Thanks for sharing information.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.