• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New markets

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New markets

"Cargill and XL plants in Canada are cleared to ship to China, but to do so, they would have to incur the expense of segregating ractopamine-free cattle from other types,
    "So when you're short cattle in the market like we are, why would you go to the effort to chase China? You could sell it into the U.S. and make more money."
    said Robert Meijer, president of Calgary-based Canada Beef Inc.,
    When are we going to follow Randy's lead and realize that we need a different slaughter and marketing alternative

How about getting rid of ractopamine?

I never heard of the stuff until lately, and on reading up on the subject, I'm not impressed with it. Is is really necessary???

Comment

Agreed Kato.....and you wonder why Local Foods are making such an impact.

Comment

Well Robert, and please gaucho, I am not doing this from the standpoint of a CBEF naysayer..LOL

Dear Robert. Why have you spent multi millions of dollars working on opening Asian markets to Canadian Beef? And why do you slap your government and your own back when another Market opens in Asia?

Sounds like we got a real good one leading the Cargill charge at the new Canada Beef office now. Does Robert know a thing about discounted Canadian fat cattle prices or the word basis?

Comment

Quick explanation... CBEF is no longer it was disbanded last year when the provincial organizations and CCA pushed for a merger of CBEF and Beef Information into one organization now called Canada Beef. Canada Beef is headed by Robert but who is totally controlled by his 15 member board who is made up of 10 producers from across (each province)Canada and representation by Cargill, XL, Ecoliat Veal, Levinoff, Sycso Foods and one other major importer. The small guys like ourselves were snuffed off the board when they did the merger and since then they have worked under closed door. The producers on the board... well there are some that have all cylinders firing but others that are easily herded by the industry border collies. The merger to me till now has caused regression rather than progression and the small packers and exporters that had an equal say previously through CBEF or that would challenge thought process on that board have been put out to pasture....and not by accident I made add.

Comment

CBEF - CB - bananas banoonas. I guess there may be some on the board that do not know about the merger Christoph.

Sounds like you have become a bit of a naysayer of the banana boys that are now in control..LOL

Comment

Actually Randy there was big difference in how they functioned and how decisions were made...Yes I am not too pleased with the new organization and saying it is nibble is far from the truth

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...