• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RealAgriculture Video: Dr David Hughes, A Glorious Future For The Meat Industry.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RealAgriculture Video: Dr David Hughes, A Glorious Future For The Meat Industry.

>

Its nice to have a skeptic/ realist add a little food for thought before everyone runs away thinking that skys the limit. Hats off to the Tiffin Conference for the work they do to getting in some leading edge ag thinkers.

Comment

Smart fellow.

Did anyone else catch the little comment he made about fish not being sustainable? I agree with that one big time. Our oceans are in trouble, and everyone keeps telling us all that we NEED to eat fish. I'm willing to bet that the day is coming soon when the rest of the world's fish stocks hit the same wall that the supposedly endless supply of Canadian cod hit years back.

Comment

Didn't see the skepticism gaucho, unless the seller is simply trying to sell jacked up beef protein.

Adding value with high quality, cutting beef with the Chinese customers best interest in mind and telling a story sound like the way to me. All things that a well thought out value chain can do as you well know.

The speaker never talked much about the growing middle class nor the millions of millionaires in China. Not many of them will have to eat his predicted inflated rice for the rest of their lives.

Nothing was mentioned about another important factor that we saw in China. Chinese people are not big fans of Americans and especially the control games played by large multinational American companies. A Canadian Flag still goes a long way.

Not sure why you are so happy to find the pessimism in this video Gaucho. Is it personal? LOL Or don't you want to go over and eat the fish heads and turtles that need to be eaten with the boys that will get the job done. A job that has more potential to change the beef industry in this country than any other plan.

Like I said before --- the streets are not paved with gold in China Christoph,but the potential to knock the stool out from under the North American captive supply oligopoly is definitely Asian markets and home grown Canadian companies.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.