• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Olive Leaf

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Olive Leaf

Okay farmerson and any other ABP/CCA supporters out there in cyberland.

I promise that on this thread I will not use sarcasm nor any other literary abuse on your points.

I promise to read your posts, and walk around for bit at the very least and maybe even go to sleep for a while or meditate before reacting..LOL

Please join in as well Christoph. I promise the same for you.

I have been in high level government meetings lately and am getting the same answers to a few questions that I would like to start this thread off by asking you.

1). Do you feel that a third plant and/or another bidding entity would be beneficial to the sustainability and growth of the cattle industry in our country?

2). Why do you feel that the price of cattle is as high as it is in Canada?

2a.) If your answer is supply and demand, why is supply so low; besides the American drought of course?

3). Is it better for Canada to not have as many cattle and waste land on things like horsey's. Land and resources that could be used to grow beef?
    Gotta have a little fun here folks.

4). Is it a benefit to employment and the overall economy to have a strong and vibrant cattle industry in Canada?

5). Do you feel that the work that has been done, and the hundreds of millions of dollars spent on export market development by Canada Beef and CCMDC could work in unison with private market development to actually show a trickle down to producers in a way other than a supply/demand way?

Okay that was a long one and may need a bit of explanation. The argument from ABP/CCA in the past is that they are not allowed to support one group over another in packing plant propositions. Of course profits from participation in a plant that is geared toward non conventional markets would be more beneficial to those who participate, however the supply demand issue would also affect every cattle producer in the country as well.

6).If I were to say that ABP/CCA "has" actually helped to keep and open more American markets and a joint effort to see another plant in Alberta would also see branded Canadian products going south of the line from the plant; would there be merit?

The potential for Kosher and traditionally raised Canadian Beef brands is real in the USA as well. Albeit on a smaller scale until their economy turns.

7). Would you agree that implant/ractopamine free, aka, natural beef could be seen as a marketing tool in E.U. and even Asian markets?

I have thrown this olive branch out to the leaders of ABP with decent response.

Time for a meeting with an Indian talking stick folks. Who is ready? I know that you are Sean.....

Maybe good old Branda Schoppe is right. We have the ability to change our beef industry once and for all if we all work together. Damn near put my little LOL behind that one but this thread is not supposed to be sarcastic--- remember KAISER...

This is not a plea for government aid other than to help create a unique, well thought out loan structure with liability spread out between private sector producers, private banks and provincial or federal lending institutions.

RK you said in the previous thread you sounded like a politican. The question you put forward are just the type they use, only one way to answer all of them.

Comment

LOL really forage --- only one way to answer these questions... We'll see once old farmers_son gets out of bed....

Comment

Are you sure you didn't mean fig branch?

Comment

RK I am supporting every thing you brought forward , I enjoy the different opinions brought forward by everyone , it is always great to read the different comments. Perhaps one day all cattle producers cann't come to a consenus and push forward as hard and as fast as we can. P.S let farmers son have a little nap in other words don't poke the sleeping bear.

Comment

ya whatever burnt. actually thought you would make fun of the olive leaf rather than olive branch. Sure don't want to offer the whole damn tree.

Comment

Well at least you mixed your metaphor safely and in the right variety! I hate to think of the implications if someone were to be offering a fig leaf . . .

By the way, olive branches are in short supply so I hope yours isn't just used as fuel for the fire!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...