• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is terrible news...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is terrible news...

This is a heartbreaker. Just found this on the MB Cooperator website. Major Jay Fox was one of the bright young stars of the Manitoba cattle business. He will be missed by a lot of people. Condolences to his family.

Outgoing Man. Cattlemen's Chief Major Jay Fox, 32
    Dec 27, 2011 9:34 PM -

Funeral services are to be held Wednesday at Eddystone, Man. for one of Manitoba's Outstanding Young Farmers and a former president of Manitoba Beef Producers.

Major Jay Fox died Friday in Winnipeg from injuries he suffered after being pinned Thursday evening by a tractor's front-end loader bucket on his farm at Eddystone, about 75 km east of Dauphin.

Fox, 32, retired this month as a director of MBP, having served since 2009 as the organization's president and previously as a vice-president. Ray Armbruster of Rossburn took over as MBP president at the group's annual meeting last month.

Fox and his wife Angela are well known in Manitoba's agriculture community, having been named as the province's Outstanding Young Farmers in 2008.

According to RCMP at nearby Ste. Rose du Lac, Fox was helping to remove a front-end loader assembly from a tractor at about 6 p.m. Thursday evening.

The loader arms were raised but not blocked when the hydraulics were released and the bucket dropped, pinning Fox beneath, RCMP said.

RCMP Cpl. James Munro said Fox was later transported to Winnipeg's Health Sciences Centre, where he died Friday.

According to his obituary Tuesday, funeral services for Fox are to be held at 2 p.m. on Dec. 28 at the Westlake Community Centre in Eddystone, with interment to follow at Eddystone's Willowgrove Cemetery.

Donations can be made in Fox's memory at any branch of TD Canada Trust for a trust fund for his children Devon, Charlee, Porter and Major.

Terrible shame, our prayers are with his young family.

http://www.sneathstrilchuk.com/major-jay-fox/

Comment

Sad story Kato, I lost a close friend in a very similar
      accident when he was 21. A reminder that it's a
      dangerous profession we are in and it only takes a
      moments lapse of concentration to be life changing.

Comment

Thanks for the link, buzz.

Comment

What the heck? switched to a new computer and
          discovered i've got two Agriville accounts. The post
          two above was from me.

Comment

Jay was a very good friend of mine. We grew up only a few miles from each other and used to do everything together. He has the most wonderful wife and four children. I will miss him very much.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...