• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bull sales

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bull sales

I never got around to any bull sales this year but from the reports I hear prices seem to be right up there. Which surprizes me to a certain degree! From looking in the paper it would seem there must be one bull for every five cows in Alberta alone!!
    What really amazes me is how many bulls some of these outfits have on offer. 70, 100, 150! The skys the limit. It also amazes me how many of these "big bull" outfits are owned by "oil barons"! Now do these guys just like playing cowboy or is it a good tax dodge? How can the little guy compete with somebody who is only in the business to lose money or play games? I mean Doc Seamans? Big time rancher? I doubt if he knows which end to feed!

From what I heard about the bull sale yesterday, they only brought meat price, or just fractionally over.

Comment

Well I suspect this has got to be happening. But you know how the old purebred game is? They might pass out 75% of the bulls but it always comes up as a success in the paper or on the radio.It's more about BS than bulls!
      I do feel sorry for the people in the bull business. They put a lot of work and effort into what they do. When you sell them at beef prices you are losing money.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...
      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.