• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merry Christmas!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry Christmas!

So, as we crack into the fruitcake (after a month of "no you can't have any yet"), I think it's about time to start a Merry Christmas thread.

From our house to yours, we wish everyone has a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, lots of healthy calves, and good prices in 2012.

Now, back to the goodies.......

I don't understand. Kyle Korneychuk told me farmers would compete
    with each other and 'bid the price down'? Why didn't that happen Kyle?
    Whats missing from your economic prediction?

Tom, how can the lowest price be determined if the world price of wheat
    increases? Were they lying to us?

Comment

Take one gander at the Dec 15 CWB PRO... and you can't blame any of the increase on the CWB! If the world buyers listened to the CWB sales Dept.... the price of milling wheat would have sunk like a rock Friday!

Comment

Rather like one swallow not making a summer a one day rise in the markets doesn't mean prices will always be higher. Too early to be crowing - maybe give it 4 or 5 years before you proclaim it a success?

Comment

I am curious what the relative price of wheat and barley will do compared to other non "designated area" jurisdictions in the next year.

Any untruths will be quickly revealed one way or another in the next year.

Comment

Not proclaiming success. Just pointing out the fact that the price of
            wheat will follow the market price, up or down. The CWB always
            claimed the price would be bid down lower.

Can you explain this lowering of the price by farmers competing with
            each other grassfarmer?

Comment

grassfarmer,

I heard of no one being restriced in how much wheat they could sell.

Therefore the first day of freedom would logically be the highest day of sales... if there were restricted sales ... which we know there was.

Viterra set the price... no haggling... by e-mail... I called back hours later after it was sent out... Viterra honoured the quoted price... just like canola. No live pricing.

Smart move which sadly the CWB didn't get in on this opportunity; because ExChair Oberg wanted to mess up the new CWB. SAD.

If I were the new CWB I would form a strategic alliance with CHS/Harvest States and they together could clean some marketing clocks in record handle through both sides of the 49th facilities tied into this system.

Hope our new marketer can be visionary enough to work with strong players with great connections like CHS/Harvest States.

Comment

Tom:
                Who is "WE sold 1mmt of wheat"? Are you talking your farm?

Comment

Tom live pricing will happen to a degree alot of days here once buyers fullfill daily buy orders.
                  the range today for australian h13% is $23 from top to bottom price

Comment

wmoebis

Estimate of how much all 'designated area' growers sold all buyers Friday December 16 2011.

Have you got a better number wmoebis?

Comment

No! I don't have any numbers.

Could you give us a breakdown of all the buyers you included and how many tonnes each signed, to come up with your estimate? Rather than pooling contracts it would be more interesting to see your actual sales estimates individually.

Comment

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family to Kato.

Comment

Merry Christmas, kato, and to all who read here.

May the New Year bring hope, peace and prosperity to all!

Comment

Merry Xmas from Gardiner Dam (Lake Diefenbaker area). May 2012 bring health, happiness and continued prosperity to each of you on the "beef" side of agriville.

I can smell your cooking & baking from here "Kato".

Comment

Merry Christmas to all!
                              Even though we sometimes complain a little on this site, we are truly blessed in this country......we just have to work at keeping it that way.
                              Larry

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.