• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ABP resolutions Re Land Bills

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ABP resolutions Re Land Bills

“Be it resolved that ABP lobby the Alberta government to repeal the ‘Alberta Water Act’, ‘Alberta Land Assembly Project Area Act’, ‘Alberta Electric Statutes Amendment Act’ and the ‘Alberta Land Stewardship Act’ to restore the test of ‘public interest’ and the requirements for appeal and compensation as provided by the former appropriation act.”

Defeated

“Be it resolved that ABP lobby to repeal, rescind or extinguish Bills 19, 24, 36 and 50 until such a time as a property rights bill is in place.”
    Zone 7

Defeated

“Be it resolved that ABP undertake a legal analysis of the positive and negative effects of Bills 10, 19, 24, 36 and 50 prior to the next provincial election.”
    Zone 7

Defeated

Thanks for posting the resolutions grassfarmer.
    There is a bit of a disconnect to what Berger said in the legislature and the resolutions.
    It is interesting that Redford answered Groeneveld explaining despite the misleading information Berger gave, that she was proceeding with a task force to deal with landowner concerns? In fact a task force to which Berger was appointed vice chair?
    The task force had their first meeting with stakeholders in Nisku yesterday. Not much info yet but Western Stockgrowers, Alberta cattle feeders, and ABP were all participating at Nisku. Hopefully I'll have something to report today.

Comment

Just a little clarity on the Task force ASRG. Groups partictipating in the Nisku task force meeting were as follows.

AAMDC
      CAPP
      CAPLA
      WRAgProducers
      Alberta Fish and Game
      WSGA

The Chairs were Ministers Berger and McQueen.

Other MLA's were

Ministers Jeff Johnson,Verlin Olsen

MLA's Arno Doerkson and Prins

My understanding is that ASRG, ABP and Cattle Feeders will be on the 19th in Airdrie.

There will also be a series of Public meetings in January between the 9th and 17th and written submissions will also be accepted. I will give my take of the session latter after a little more decompression and reflection. I have also committed to calling ABP, SRG and Cattle feeders to maybe help with at least the process and hopefully content of message. It will be advantageous to know what to expect.

Comment

Per: Please feel free to email me at albertasurfacerights@gmail.com I will be presenting on Bill 24 (Carbon Capture and Storage Statutes Amendment Act) but my fellow traveller will be addressing the other 3 bills? I value your input?
        ASRG

Comment

I read the ABP position paper dated January 28,2011,seems to be a change in direction at the AGM. I also wonder just how many cattle producers in ALTA. actually support ABP as Berger led Legislature to believe everyone fully supports these bills

Comment

It was not very long ago they indicated
            that very few support ABP when ALMA was
            coming to be and checkoff made refundable.
            It is interesting how we all support them
            now on the land issue.

Comment

Why I was asking is the comments in this tread re resolutions defeated on the land bills by ABP seem to indicate ABP doesn't even want to review the pro or cons of the bills listed. Seems a bit strange a landowner base group wouldn't even want know if they are being impacted or not. I just wonder what % of producers are asking for their check off money back.

Comment

Rest assured ABP is reviewing the pros and cons of the bills listed. As are all the other ag groups. ABP, WSGA, ASRG, ASRF, and others. And most producers know their check off is needed to further trade such as fight unfair practices like COOL. Yes Canada won its WTO challenge of COOL and that was your check off dollars at work. And what about countervail? The money to fight a countervail challenge comes from your check off dollars (and it is only a matter of when not if RCALF launches another countervail). Most realize the value they receive and are leaving their checkoff dollars where they do the most good.

If ABP had passed the resolutions in question that would have resulted in the government slamming the door and locking Alberta’s cattle producers out of the governments discussions on these bills. Cattle producers need to part of the discussions. Not to say we will like what the government will eventually decide but you have to hope something good will come of it.

Comment

farmers son makes some good points about the ABP? If you read the resolutions put forward, and defeated, at the AGM.......they certainly don't reflect what Berger said in the legislature on Dec. 7th?
                  I have no idea what Evan Berger was trying to do with his and Groenevelds' little act? It certainly hasn't gone over very well with Redford!
                  We did get a pretty good report about what went on at Nisku from the WSGA. Pretty much a propaganda operation with CAPP trying to divert any meaningful discussion.
                  We're up tommorrow at Airdrie. Loaded for bear!

Comment

Apparently ABP stated at the Airdrie task force they were in favor of the land bills and having taxpayers flip the bills for power lines so private for profit companies can have some more corporate welfare. ABP needs to stand up and support other landowner organizations and not hide behind this do nothing attitude by not wanting to rock the boat. This brown nosing didn't do us much good when Ag Min. put in legislation to make the check off refundable.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.