• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lambing done

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lambing done

All the Suffolks are in. The Australian-Canadian Suffolk lambs are gaining very well. Will scan all in May for loins

Glad to hear that lambing is finished. Were these Australian Suffolks something you brought in as embryos or are there some already in this country? What was your reason for going with an Australian genetic line?

Like to hear more!

Comment

Glad to hear that lambing is finished. Were these Australian Suffolks something you brought in as embryos or are there some already in this country? What was your reason for going with an Australian genetic line?
      This was frozen semen brought in from the second overall Suffolk ram under Lambplan ( This is on the website of Lambplan.
      Already in this country- no mine are the first Suffolks.
      Wanted more loin eye (proven by measurement) and more rear end, but did not want to forfeit my height by using British Suffolks that I saw and spent time in UK.

Comment

Why does one want height in sheep?

Comment

Don't want a lot of height as the USA sheep have but do not desire the real short Suffolks of UK.
          To each his own, I reckon.

Comment

What are the advantages/disadvantages of too tall, too short and just right?

You're quite right. Each breeder has their own preference. I haven't heard too much about the height part of things, so I'm kind of curious to find out about it. We raise Barbados Black Belly and I think they are of medium height.

Comment

What are the advantages/disadvantages of too tall, too short and just right?

You're quite right. Each breeder has their own preference. I haven't heard too much about the height part of things, so I'm kind of curious to find out about it. We raise Barbados Black Belly and I think they are of medium height.
              To some some are advantages to another they would say disadvantages.
              Sorry I would put Barbados in snmall category. The ones I have seen are smaller than Damara.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.