• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ABP Resolution?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABP Resolution?

Hearing a rumor that ABP had a resolution at their AGM voicing opposition to the supply management system. Anyone know if that is true or not and which way the vote went?
    I guess some dairy farmers won't be too happy given they pay levy every time they sell cattle just like the rest of us.
    That's before you even get into the debate over whether SM is a good thing or not.

supply management
    touring through south alberta noticed large dairy farms also have feedlot,s yes they enjoy free enterprice and have a place to use their exstra cash .no quota yet for beef and hogs to start !!!!
    it is not that simple to buy dairy quota or chicken because it takes 4 to 5 million even to start for a peace of paper called quota . cattle , hog and grain producer doin,t have a licence to print money
    now is the time to change to freedom
    choice and do away with manopoly CWB had for to long !
    have been farming a long time the CWB had his purpose and will keep going if the support is there as they say??
    think about
    single desk selling and manopoly has to go !
    me be this is why ABP resolution got so mutch attention acros alberta .

Comment

Ag-boy there is complete "free enterprise" if you want to enter the supply managed dairy industry - no regulation whatever to prevent you or me doing so if we so wished.
      If you really believe the hollow "free market" ideology you seem to support just hang on until the cwb disappears and then you'll be making so much money marketing your own grain that you'll be able to afford the dairy quota - yeah, right!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...
      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.