• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conditioner vs Impellor

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conditioner vs Impellor

Thinking of going from my side pull diskbine to a
    hydroswing. I wonder if I should go impeller for
    more aggressive conditioning and no chance of a
    bent rubber roller to replace. I usually swath the
    greenfeed oats so its just mainly grass/alfalfa hay
    to cut?

I am happy with our impellor conditioner. I believe the hay drys faster and has made a difference in getting hay up in wet years. We have never had it plug.

And I cut oats with it with no problems.

Comment

What make model Farmers son?

We only have JD dealer up here so kind of leaning that way. JD wants $2400 for 1 new roller so thinking of moving it. Also my cutting crew doesn't like the bumps in the fields. Cutting back and forth would improve the ride allot. Going round and round your always making new and crossing old tracks.

Comment

John Deere 956.

Comment

Wow best machine money can buy!
          Are u using gps with that? Cut at what 16mph or
          better?

Comment

It is a good machine. I do not know what the top speed would be, I drive 5-6 MPH. I do not drive machinery fast thinking running steady gets as much or more done. But if you wanted to it would cut faster.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...
            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.