• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1300$ older bred cows 1500$ young

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1300$ older bred cows 1500$ young

Where are all these low prices?

Prices from Clyde

I sold a herd of 5 and 6 year-old commercial Simmies for $1400 in the fall of '02 and the rest of my older black cows for $1250 - $1400 the next spring - that would be '03.

Then on May 23, 2003, I replaced them all with yearling Black Angus breeding heifers. Oh boy was that ever a big mistake since that was the day the cow showed up with BSE!

So I don't think the current prices are any more than on par with pre-BSE levels. It seems we are in a different mindset now with regard to what we will pay for breeding females.

Comment

Can't see to find the meat price cows in north
      central AB

Comment

Did you see those cattle sell Allfarmer or just believe the market report? That's the outfit that sold the Rafter G cattle to the Rafter Bros is it not?

Comment

Neighbor sold some cows today at Innisfail. Mid aged cows 5,6,7. Red angus/sim crosses 1250-1500 lbs.
          The highest ones were $1100 down to $980.
          Maybe you need to come south?

Comment

Should add these were all pretty good cows. He kept his younger black cows.
            I think they all went to the packing house. The Cargill buyer took most of them.

Comment

Same outfit grassfarmer. Is that what you heard that the Rafter cattle were bought back?

I called an order buyer at Clyde this morning, told him 1200$ for good cows, called his this afternoon said nothing. I told him I thought the Rafter sale had gone well.

Comment

ASRG YA thats the prices I want to see!

Comment

No Allfarmer I didn't hear any rumors on those cattle - just though it a fitting witticism for that outfit. Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.
                  I've always found Innisfail was the easiest place to buy cows of anywhere I've tried.

Comment

SW Sask report - didn't get to the sale to see the cattle.
                    http://cowtownlivestock.homestead.com/Livestock_Market_Report.html

Comment

All farmer..........Maybe you shouldn't head south!
                      Just got back from todays "Bred sale" at Innisfail........talk about a one week turn around...Bred cows up to $2,000 Heifers $1550! Place was packed to the rafters and no cheap deals!
                      I guess the tax money has come to town? You should have bought earlier.

Comment

Guess I will waiting for the new year or the last
                        sales before Christmas a guy can sometimes get
                        a deal.

Comment

Have a neighbour waiting until next month to sell his pairs.....he believes he will do better!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...