• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Domestic Beef Industry Report Card

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Domestic Beef Industry Report Card

I get a weekly paper called "Alberta Farmer". On page 26 there is an article "Domestic Beef industry Report Card" written by Brenda Schoepp, that is a pretty accurate picture of the dilemma many people are facing today on owning cattle. Do you take the money and run....or do you bite the bullet and wade back in?
    Brenda thinks now is the time to be buying cows.....with the caveat that the buyer must be "disciplined" on the cow price!
    I find it interesting that she also believes barley prices will move higher with the end of the CWB?
    I have a neighbor who dispersed his 200 cow herd last year but kept about 30 replacement heifers. He intends to sell them in early December. They are like peas in a pod and a really good bunch. Good red crossbreds....bred right, fed right, from people who know what they are doing....someone will get a good bunch of young cows.
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...