• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Balzac Update

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balzac Update

Just so that everyone is updated along with Dr. C; yes our first attempt to own the Balzac plant failed. A number of reasons that mainly revolve around the fears that Dr. C so eloquently pointed out on our thread last week.

Just to let everyone know, there is no "following" Randy Kaiser as the Dr. also suggested. Myself and a small core group of individuals are spending our own time, energy and money on the project and are still dedicated to offering a big part in this to producers through a levy when it is done.

Everyone will have that "choice" that all of us know is fundamental to any change occurring in our industry.

Heading to China in a few weeks to solidify the offshore contracts that are the only way this deal will benefit everyone in the industry and stop the captive market system that most of us currently subscribe to. That being said, we still have lots of options already including supporting and encouraging Canada Gold, or even prairie Heritage who's main spokesman says and I will quote ---

"It gets tiring of hearing of all the chat about the poor cow calf producer and how he is getting a bum wrap from everyone and how he should always get more... then hearing grandiose ideas of turning on a mothballed 1000 head packing like its just flicking on a switch..."

We will flick on the switch once all of the work is done on our own dime Dr.C.

By the way, wanna join me on my trip to China Dr. C. I am sure that those bum wrapped producers that follow you and pay your bills for you will buy you a ticket.

Have a fun trip.... Sorry can't join you I am leaving on the weekend heading the other direction to see clients.Our experience with China till now has been "cheap and cheerful"....hard to convince a culture that slices, dices and marinates everything to pay top dollar... but then again there is 1.3 billion of them so if you look hard enough who knows what you will find.

Comment

Have a good trip yerself Dr. C. I here that where you are going the demand for Canadian beef is stronger than ever. I hope that you get enough customers cranked up that you need more packing capacity prior to our grand opening...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...
      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.