• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I always wondered?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always wondered?

The whole system of grazing leases in Alberta(and I assume Sask. and Manitoba) always seems like a mystery to me. You can't seem to get a straight answer about what the actual cost to the leasor is. They talk about different rates and improvements and taxes but they never come right out and say"This is the bottom line. This is what I pay per cow per month"
    Now I've heard stories of big surface lease money going to the holders of these leases...up to ten times of their cost for the whole lease! And I heard the actual money paid to the province in yearly fees is about 3.5 million while the oil revenue paid out on the leases amounts to about 40 million? Are these figures accurate? And if so do we have a lot of cow welfare bums? Is the province actually paying people to run their cows on the leases? When the lease holders start talking about how they pay local taxes on the lease is this sort of a smokescreen? I mean how much are the taxes in an improvement district(where most of them are located)? $50/quarter?
    There was a big stir a couple of years ago over where the oil revenue went. What ever happened as a result of that?
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...