• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EDAM 21st ANNUAL FALL FAIR ---BRED RESULTS

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EDAM 21st ANNUAL FALL FAIR ---BRED RESULTS

PEN OF THREE BRED HEIFERS:

1)Grand Champion----F1 (R.Angus XHere) Wt 1287 Bred H.Here Jun1-Sept--$1825.00

2)Simmental---Wt 1237 May 2-24 July
    Bred R. Angus---$1300.00

3)Here X R.Angus---Wt 1135 May 26-Jul15
    Bred R.Angus----$1350.00

4)B.Angus X---Wt 1263 Bred Jun 1-Aug 12
    Bred B Angus-----$1400.00

5)B.Angus X---Wt 1122 Bred B. Angus
    Jun 10-Jul30-----$1650.00

Ave: $1505.00

Pen Of 5 Bred Heifers:

1)Grand Champion--Simmental X Wt 1250
    Bred Polled Red Simm
    Jun 6-Aug 2 $1700.00

2)Simmental---Wt 1126 Bred R.A. May 24-
    July 15-------$1450.00

3)Simmental---Wt 1095 Bred R.A.May 26
    --July 15-----$1680.00

4)B.Angus X Wt 1278 Bred B.A. Jun 1-
    ---Aug 12-----$1570.00

5)B Angus X Wt 1166 Bred B.A. Jun 10
    ----Jul 30----$1625.00

6)H.Hereford Wt 1131 Bred H.Here Jun 20
    ----Aug 15----$1350.00

7)B Angus Wt 1163 Bred B.A. June 25--
    Aug 31--------$1550.00

AVERAGE: $1560.00

Lots of guys looking with Bred Heifers at home trying to set their price at home.

Top selling open replacement heifers
    Pen of 5S

1) F 1s Simmental X Hereford Wt 675
    --------$1090.00

2)F 1s Simmental Hereford Wt 667--$1100

Pen of 3s Open Replacement Heifers

1)Sim X Hereford Wt 730----$1170

2)Sim X Heredord Wt 820----$1075

There was 0 pens of Bred Simm X Here or Her X Simm in this sale. Traditionally they always brought the high selling pens of Breds.

Enjoy and Plan ahead.

Thank you Sadie.If you figure out what the cost is to get those open heifers as bred heifers.Those open heifers sold better then the bred heifers did.

Comment

TNT

I didn't list or intend to list all the open heifer sale. Like I mentioned there was 0 of those high-priced open replacement heifers F1 Here/Sim breeding (genetics) in the Bred Heifer Class. In the past there was a pen of two of those offered and those were in the past always another "notch" higher than the pens that I sold yesterday.

Will have more information on Bred Heifers after Nov 12 Saskatoon Fall Fair. This years judge in Saskatoon is from Lloyd so will have that information as well for the next post.

Saskatoon Bred Heifer Sale is Saturday November 12 about 2:00p.m. There are about 20 (pens of 3 bred) heifers on offer.

Comment

Correction

Should have stated "THAT I SAW SELL YESTERDAY". NOT THAT "I SOLD YESTERDAY"

Early morning TYPO

Comment

So the judges obviously still equate "big" with "good". Breds getting close to 1300lbs with weaned heifer calves over 800lbs. The 1600lb mature cows they'll turn into wouldn't win any prizes on my place.

Comment

grassfarmer---commercial pen showing is all about uniformity of the pen of three or the pen of 5. The judging at these shows has nothing to do with the price these animals bring during auction time.

the contributors that I know well at these shows prefer not to be Grand or Reserve because that means they have to start the sale. Most don't want to be the "lead off" in these sales.

Comment

It was weight I was commenting on not uniformity or market price.

Comment

Someone was buying them so I guess that was the size they wanted? Was there any little small ones for sale? Is there a big market for those little cows at sales like these? Is anyone consigning those smaller type cows to these sales?

Comment

ASRG---That was the total offering. It was a one day event. EDAM sale offering is basically about cross bred commercial cattle.

I will keep posting as the sales results come in.

Saskatoon has a consigner of 5 pens from straight B angus cattle.

Agribition will have more pens of the straight angus-type. Short grass country and later calving dates.

Comment

Is there an official results report with the exhibitors names, or official photos from this event? Thank you!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.