• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Randy Whats with Ranchers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Randy Whats with Ranchers

I heard big talk about reopening ranchers Beef but checking out some well connected sources I here all it is is big talk.... would you like to fill us all in...I can't imagine how starting up a plant and brand with today's market prices could be viable..... Even Canada Gold has thrown in the towel

It's all big talk Christoph. LOL

Comment

I guess the one thing that I can tell you at this point in time Christoph is that a Balzac beef plant is going to happen.

And in the process, it is amazing how the fears of people and the true intentions of others are being brought to the surface.

Are you actually cheering about Canada Gold's problems Christoph? Does it help your already overblown Phd ego to applaud failure of groups other than your own. Or are you simply fearful that someone else may actually make a value chain work better than the one that has been paying your way while your producers suffer the financial consequences.

I have no reason to offer you anything but hope buddy boy. I would love to see the producers in your chain benefit from their dedication to you.

If you are truly wanting to show off your abilities and your knowledge with yet another challenge - go play with yourself Christoph, I have no interest in your games.

Comment

Randy you need to get back on your meds again... Funny how asking a simple question can get such a response from you. The reality is in the last 10 years there has been lots and lots of talk... in fact more talk than walk. I checked with my sources and asked if this was true and they said again there was talk but you guys walked... 2nd I am very disappointed with the fact that Canada Gold is not out there....makes it tougher to look government in the eye and say that Europe is a priority, when there is only one standing. As memory serves me correct you were the biggest raw raw when the idea of Canada Gold got going, but I guess the lesson in the whole thing is that even with lots of money it is extremely difficult to pull this off.... now with cattle prices where they are it will be even tougher... Randy have you ever given it some thought as to how you compete against the big packers with what they are willing to pay and what they are willing to loose just so that they can have enough blood on the floor. 3rd Randy I do not know what kind of inferiority complex you have but I worked pretty hard to get the education I got and the business I built. I did it on my own and I am quite proud of the fact I finished it .... lay off on the people that went a little father than you in school.,... it makes you look very immature. Finally Randy if our program were not working why are we still going and why do we have the ability to ramp up our kills and have net returns at over $2.00 on the rail for the past 3 months? Oh yes I must be doing everything wrong? Randy with your attitude I cannot see how anyone woudl ever want to be involved with you... go buy the super tramp CD and listen to it... there is a song that suits you well>>>>"Dreamer... Nothing But a dreamer... My simple question must have hit the reality nerve?

Comment

reality nerve --- medication prescriptions, inferiority complex. Good stuff Christoph. Thought become the things of your life my dear friend and every thought can be turned around when it comes out of the mouth a human.

What was it you said about the person with the Phd on your "jump on the bandwagon" post on Darcy's facebook page last night. Is one Phd --- yours --- more intelligent than another.

Yes you have worked hard and I am not challenging that little buddy. Your inferiority complex is exposed each time you challenge someone --- and that is more often than bad news stories on television.

Trust your sources Christoph and trust your mind, it is truly all you have.

Yes I not only supported Canada Gold, but sat on the committee to create it. I still feel it had more promise if they had more grass roots producer support. The E.U. thing is far from dead. nuf said about that fer now.

CG became a program not unlike other so called value chains where one part of the chain benefited more than the others. That being said, it likely still has the most potential for sustainable survival of any program alive.

I can see the challenges with yours Christoph. A value market created with the goals of a few far more important than the goals of the masses.

I see that your fears are not only coming out to discourage others in some weird way and garner support for your little plan, but fears of losing it yourself. As I have said numerous times Christoph, I wish you nothing but the best with your project. I hope you can sell all of your bulls at extremely high prices to all of the producers who keep paying your bills.

You go little buddy. Every beast that you can remove from this country by way of your Swiss or other off shore connections helps in a small way.

Did you program start with a dream Christoph, or simply your ego?

Sorry for telling you to go play with yourself last night Christoph, I am ready to play this morning and we can make this into whatever psychological game you want.

Medication - inferiority - dreamer...LOL let's have some fun.

Comment

Randy there is as a saying "better to have kept ones mouth shut and be thought an idiot than to open it and prove it so" - Thanks for proving it.

Randy seek some medical help.... you are loosing it again with your rants that make no sense.

I do not discourage anyone... all I know is how difficult it is and how glad I am that I did not know all the challenges that we had to face.Having battle wounds makes you have a little more of a realist view point. Whats doable and what is not.. that said we'll wait and see look forward to the announcement of your regrand opening.

Comment

Still wanna play the mental health game hay buddy.

And the childish "idiot" word game.

Shall we stay there today my little friend.

I know you are but what am I!! tongue sticking out..LOL

battle scars...HMMM

Let me tell you a little dreamer story Christoph and if all of your followers want to read along --- they are more than welcome.

Once upon a time these were these dreamers. They started a little value chain with dreams of connecting grass roots producers to consumers directly through ownership in retail.

They had a few challenges along the way, however after almost ten years, they are still doing business and have always taken the high road when it came to the folks that challenged them.

I won't name a lot of names in the story as some of the players in this story like to play rough and roughness always lead to more roughness and eventually somebody rougher than them.

Are you scared of the ruffians yet Chistoph? You know that they tell stories like this in the mental institute that you think I belong in don't you Dr. C?

Let's get back to our story.

So these dreamers started off small and grew over time. They increased price to their dedicated customers and shared with their producers, in a conscious capitalistic way. Respecting the consumer and telling them that if they want the value chain/ food web to survive; they must participate in cost increases levied on the rest of the group.

Then along comes the guy who believes in his own dream. A value chain that is competitive and rough.

The dreamers manager starts to do business with the ruffian. Totally based on price. Temptation overtakes the manager. Temptation overtakes many of the customers, especially those not directly connected to the stores.

The original dreamers have a choice. Stick with their dream and stick with the people who helped build it, or concede to the ruffian. ---- Or use an alternative approach. Get rid of the manager, and work with the ruffian while the foundation regroups.

I would like to tell everyone on here that we --- the original dreamers --- are working with the dreamer who likes to call himself a realist. A realist who knows damn well that a bigger ruffian is waiting for his egotistical failure.

We have chosen to buy some of the inferior product of the second dreamer due to his predatory practices.

We have become a temporary salesman for this predator while we re group. Since the manager was turfed, profits have risen and the consumer base has begun to demand the superior product once again. Superior ---- in their eyes more than even my own. Superior due to the conscious business nature of the dreamers as well as the uniqueness and consistency of the product.

I truly feel that a similar story can, and will be written by a larger group of dreamers.

Check out this group of Dreamers Chissy boy. Maybe give them a call and tell them to get on some meds as well.

http://www.alliance.co.nz/Home.jasc

I got all day for this today Dr. C. If you want to call me more names and keep subscribing therapy..LOL

Comment

I am sorry you are so scared Christoph. Fear is egoic in nature. Don't worry, if the Nillsen bs program has you fearing survival in the so called natural beef business, you can always join up with us at the Balzac plant. Or do what Bern did and join up with them..

Cheers bud --- gotta go take in some real reality outside on this lovely day.

Comment

Now boys, play nice....

For a moment there, I thought I'd stumbled accidentally into a CWB debate.

Comment

Gaucho you really do need to find some tone.
                    The "Spirited View" is often the view from left
                    field. Your article a couple years back about
                    taking some culls to what sounded like NBI
                    Clyde proves you are falable. Your article about
                    hunting beef buyers bordered on neurotic. Randy
                    extended you the olive branch, man up and
                    impale you sell a little.

Comment

Impale yourself a little, metaphorically speeking.

Comment

Allfarmer I don't have time for talk without substance and dreams without a reality..... I have to deal with facts and realities every day the dreams don't pay the bills nor make a box move from ranch to retail. Clearly Randy didn't like the fact I asked a question about the Ranchers deal and then went on a rampage implying I was dancing on the death of Canada Gold and that I am fearful of competition... To which I say that I make it a point to know as much as I can to find out about what every one else is doing in this business. Why? so that I either do it better, so that I do not make the same mistakes and so that we become better. It gets tiring of hearing of all the chat about the poor cow calf producer and how he is getting a bum wrap from everyone and how he should always get more... then hearing grandiose ideas of turning on a mothballed 1000 head packing like its just flicking on a switch... JBS started in the garage of the chairmen s father... it started at 3 head per week and grew over time.... somehow everyone has a bigger is better idea and forgets it works by having slow and steady growth. Seems that everyone wants and oak tree and forgets that it starts from an acorn or implies that it will grow like an aspen.

Comment

Allfarmer I don't have time for talk without substance and dreams without a reality..... I have to deal with facts and realities every day the dreams don't pay the bills nor make a box move from ranch to retail. Clearly Randy didn't like the fact I asked a question about the Ranchers deal and then went on a rampage implying I was dancing on the death of Canada Gold and that I am fearful of competition... To which I say that I make it a point to know as much as I can to find out about what every one else is doing in this business. Why? so that I either do it better, so that I do not make the same mistakes and so that we become better. It gets tiring of hearing of all the chat about the poor cow calf producer and how he is getting a bum wrap from everyone and how he should always get more... then hearing grandiose ideas of turning on a mothballed 1000 head packing like its just flicking on a switch... JBS started in the garage of the chairmen s father... it started at 3 head per week and grew over time.... somehow everyone has a bigger is better idea and forgets it works by having slow and steady growth. Seems that everyone wants and oak tree and forgets that it starts from an acorn or implies that it will grow like an aspen.

Comment

yes Kato you call them two BOY,S
                            WELL? MORE CHILD talk most off us doint know what there dreaming about !!!!we have it so good !!!! calf price never been better and fat,s making money and going higher years to
                            come , there is no need for talk like this on Agri-ville Boys !!!!
                            bring us up to date Canada -Gold not doing o-k sorry to hear
                            Balsac plant not going ???? to bad !
                            any of us tax money going to waste again ?lets hear from the pro,s on this topic our thank,s

Comment

The pros are that Christoph needs to go back to school and learn some more. Obviously going to school as long as he did only taught him more of the name calling that was learned in grade 3.

The first words on the thread were not simply a question, but a name calling challenge. Have a look back.

Big Talk? Go back and get more details from your source, is all I have to say right now. Why not ask the owners of the plant if anything is cooking.

The plant at Balzac will be opened to harvest beef before long.

As for learning from mistakes. I feel that I have been learning as well Chris, and have actually been in the business of selling beef longer than you have albeit not on the scale of your company. If you really want to learn why the Ranchers project failed the first time, you need to dig a little deeper than blaming Cargill and Nillsens.

I would like to end by congratulating you Christoph, for all of your efforts and successes and once again wish that all of your DREAMS come true.

And in the spirit of the day --- God Bless you Son.... Wink

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...