• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saskatchewan Political campaign----How are some of us approaching our MLA candidates

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saskatchewan Political campaign----How are some of us approaching our MLA candidates

The last two CAEPLA magazine Winter/Spring 2010 and Winter Edition 2011 has created alot of chatter in this province what is going on in the province of Alberta in regards to the long standing PC pary and the land use laws that has now reached "front and centre" to all rural Albertans but also to the landowners in Saskatchewan as well.

The CAEPLA magazine didn't blanket the entire province like in Alberta but was limited to CAEPLA with memberships and blanketed down the west side of Saskatchewan and across the south through the major oil patch areas. It also followed along the major pipeline corridor that run diagonally across the province as well.

I do know from CAEPLA head office in REGINA that all politicians both federally and provincially received copies as well.

To make a long story short for Agrivillers those of us along the Enbridge Corridor are carrying this message to our potential candidates in our ridings. My riding is the Jim Reiter (Min of Highways) who was at the original SAPL/CAPLA organizational meeting in late 2007 & 2008 when the movement west was emerging.

Our basic message is to Mr Reiter (SASK PARTY) who we all feel will form the next provincial government in November. Tell this message to all MLAs to remember to keep the "landowners whole" when OIL & GAS activity comes into this province. We will remind them what happened in Alberta when OIL/GAS infleunce was considered and the rights of rural landowners were not properly considered.

If the Sask Party "screws up and forgets about the landowners" their actions could be the next article in future CAEPLA magazine publications.

Just dont force me to sell just to the CWB my Durum and HRS and Im fine. Forcing someone to take part is wrong wrong wrong. THe CWB should have realized that some of us want out and we live in a free country shouldnt we have that right.
    All power to CWB supporter they can have their CWB I personaly want a option not to be part of their group.
    ITS THAT SIMPLE.

Comment

Now my grain will be what it is worth. None of this nonsense in blending fusarium feed wheat into my number 1cwrs and forcing me to take the discount while the guy with fusarium gets a 2 grade bump and the premiums to boot.

No more 25 percent delivery when the weather is nice and 75 percent when the weather is shitty or busy trying to put a crop in.

Comment

The blending will continue, you just won't get the benefit of blending your ergot infested grain with our 1hrs. The point is we all benefit from blending , only soon we will benefit less.

Comment

What announcement?

Comment

agstar

There is no ergot program. My grain gets downgraded if it has ergot.

For those that have fusarium, it gets upgraded.

My grain would make a 1cwrs with protein and I have had it graded sample. Although the guy only used a teaspoon to grade it.

This is the first year I have seen ergot so bad. Considering stocks and where they are located, the cwb could have got on this sooner and blended it out.

Comment

No mixed emotions here! Can't wait till august
              1st to fire up the trucks, it's going to be well
              worth the wait. All you cwb lovers can pay those
              freeloaders in winterpeg their severance and
              stress bonuses.

Comment

I understand your feelings Craig. Unfortunately, the seven deadly sins are alive and well. Envy, (farmers in the northern prairies jealous of farmers near the US border), greed, sloth, (no ambition to negotiate or find a better deal for your own wheat or barley) are some of the drivers of paradigms that hold these strong beliefs.

I used to want to "placate" the CWB supporters by supporting the dual marketing option and trying to figure ways to make it work. But the board supporters weren't interested in a workable compromise. So, after years of trying now I just say, "SCREW EM"!

Comment

Breadwinner I have a real case of bad news for you. If you are firing your trucks up with the thought of heading south of the 49th , I wish you luck. The Americans , wheat board or not , don't like Canadian grain coming into their elevator system. I know this because I am only two hours away form grain elevators in Havre MT. It might last for a little while but the border will be closed up as soon as somebody says we are plugging their system with canadian grain of any sort.

Comment

Galaxy you dont get it. The local elevators will
                    have a new price on the wall pretty soon and
                    delivery will be right to their doors. I don't care
                    where they ship it , I just know what I will be
                    getting for my wheat , no fancy programs or
                    games.

Comment

I am thrilled with the announcement, especially the timeline that the legislation will be passed by Dec.31. The only sad part is that the group of 8 on the CWB board is blowing the opportunity to provide a strong voluntary CWB for those who want one. If I was a CWB supporter I would be angry and disappointed in these 8 gentlemen.

Comment

Please try to keep up Galaxie. How many times do we have to explain here that it has never been about hauling the physical product to the US. Do canola growers have to personally deliver their product to the buyers in China? DUHHH, enough already, time to find a new arguement.

Comment

um, what announcement?

Comment

WD9
                            hope you know what announcement I'm referring to. Legislation to be introduced today.

Comment

My mixed emotion has disappeared. The continued fight and threat of legal action by the CWB board of directors has clearly indicated the board will continue with it's all or nothing approach. Because this is the path chosen by those in power, expect little sympathy from others. This all or nothing approach has what has got us to this point in the first place. The board has never brough anything to the table but expects all to bow down to the all mighty and give what ever they ask. At the end of the day even that won't be good enough. For those that support the boards position I wish you 20 years of no one listening in Ottawa and lots of whining on deaf ears. Then maybe you will understand all the crap we have had to put up with over the last 20.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...