• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Letter to the Ag Minister

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter to the Ag Minister

Hon. Gerry Ritz
    House of Commons
    Parliament Buildings
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Canada
    K1A 0A6

Dear Minister Ritz,

I would like to thank you and your government for promising to end the single desk monopsony of the CWB. I trust that the wasting of farmer’s money from the pools by the CWB on “plebiscites” will not deter your government’s decision to give prairie farmers the same marketing freedom available in the rest of Canada.

I am enclosing the single “ballot” that the CWB sent to our farm representing 5 people involved in our 5000 acre farm. It will only take a single ballot sent to one of the CWB’s supporters to cancel out our vote, and we refuse to participate in this attempt by the CWB to justify continuing their monopsony buying power in western Canada. Any results from this “survey” will be heavily biased by the CWB’s flawed system. Farming is a business where those with little financial interest in the future of grain production in western Canada should not continue to be favoured over actual farms like ours that rely solely on farming for our livelihood.

Again, thank you for continuing your goal of providing a fair and open market for western grain farmers.

Good luck on getting that "fair and open market for western grain farmers"...if such a circumstance exists.

Comment

One man's "tyranny" is another man's "fair".

Had enough tyranny already. At this point I'd
      settle for "transparent".

Comment

Wilagro your comments are almost exactly like my dad's. Yesterday I told him that you know I have not dealt with the cwb in 6 years now and look what I have built up in that time frame. He knows my view of what the cwb is doing for us farmers and he absolutely could not counter that, you cannot counter that.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.