• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saturday was Food Day Canada

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday was Food Day Canada

This past Saturday Canadians celebrated their local food.

I have included a great article from The Record in Waterloo about the event.

http://www.therecord.com/news/local/article/571740--appetite-growing-for-local-food

Did you participate in Food Day? Or did you even know about it??

I would be interested on hearing your thoughts.

Mackenna

Sorry about the spelling.

Further... the Alberta Government is as much responsible under the consitution in the new system as the Federal Government.

Agriculture is shared Fed/Prov. jurisdiction.

WHere are the Provincial governments in this? Just saying you are in favour is more than a little 'Shallow'!!!

Comment

Tom, I don't get it. Why do we need a voluntary wheat board? Just average your sales over the year and there is your pooling price. The supporters of the CWB forced you to pool your grain with theirs , so why are you so kind to them now. They are a bunch of whiners and behave like spoiled brats-send the sobs home and lets get on with selling grain in the real world. I want the Wayne Gretskys of the grain business selling grain,not my local high school team.

Comment

lesm,

We promised... that is why.

Chairman Oberg is attempting to make all the grain growers who would like to deal with 'A strong competitive commercial voluntary CWB'... look like fools as well.

You bring to our attention that Chairman Oberg is wearing us down... to prove his point.

The point that 'A strong competitive commercial voluntary CWB' is impossible to acheive.

I am to the point where I say SELL the CWB. Take what assets they have... give them to the new owner... and deposit the sale price to the Reciever General of Canada... just like the CWB Act requires.

Chairman Oberg has intentionally spoiled a great opportunity for western CDN grain growers to add value and better serve our industry and country.

Only in Canada.

TRULY a PITY PARTY.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.