• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cold weather

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cold weather

While most of us don't like cold weather during calving time but I suspect the cattle buyers are busy rubbing their hands with glee!! Especially with this cold snap so late in the year! Now they are assured an easy excuse to screw the cow/calf man! Frozen ears!! It is probably a big relief that they won't have to think up some other phony excuse to discount calves this fall!!!

Cowman
    if you have a lot that are ear challenged, you should start looking for someone to raise them naturally as there is no sight for the implant. It might be an option.
    Rod

Comment

Actually I don't have any frozen ears. I'm right on the ball when it gets cold. And I have a really big calving barn. I had to laugh at a friend of mine who had a few calves with pretty frozen ears. He wondered where he was going to put the bar code tag! Thought he might have to tie it around their neck on a piece of twine!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...