• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lambing steady

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lambing steady

Like I said in a previous message, we only have 12 ewes to lamb out. I didn't think we would be starting until the end of the month. Our first set arrived March 9th. We have now lambed out 8 ewes with 19 healthy lambs ( 3 sets of triplets and 5 sets of twins). They are all doing very well this year. I think it had something to do with the mineral blocks I was giving the ewes 3 months before lambing. They seemed to really like it so maybe it contained extra minerals and vitamins that they were lacking.
    Also someone had mentioned before about vaccinating lambs at 3 months old. What should I vaccinate them with? We give them vitamin A&D injectable at a week old. Just curious on what else I can give them?

At 3 months of age give them Convex-8 . This will give a lot of coverage against unforseen illness.

Comment

glanvac-6 is a better product as it helps protect from CLA

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...