• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lambing steady

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lambing steady

Like I said in a previous message, we only have 12 ewes to lamb out. I didn't think we would be starting until the end of the month. Our first set arrived March 9th. We have now lambed out 8 ewes with 19 healthy lambs ( 3 sets of triplets and 5 sets of twins). They are all doing very well this year. I think it had something to do with the mineral blocks I was giving the ewes 3 months before lambing. They seemed to really like it so maybe it contained extra minerals and vitamins that they were lacking.
    Also someone had mentioned before about vaccinating lambs at 3 months old. What should I vaccinate them with? We give them vitamin A&D injectable at a week old. Just curious on what else I can give them?

At 3 months of age give them Convex-8 . This will give a lot of coverage against unforseen illness.

Comment

glanvac-6 is a better product as it helps protect from CLA

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...
      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.