• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IBR vaccine

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IBR vaccine

How many of you vaccinate and how often do you vaccinate for IBR? Most farmers in my area I know don't. Do you use the killed once or twice or do you use the live virus?

We vaccinate our cows every year using the live vaccine. This is done approx. one month before the bulls are turned in. Our vet feels the live vaccine provides better protection. We live in So. Alberta in an area called "feedlot alley" where IBR flares up often in the feedlots and because it spreads very easy, we feel that vaccinating our cows each year provides good protection.

Comment

I use the live vaccine on the heifers at least three weeks before breeding. Everything gets a killed booster in the fall. The killed vaccine is a two shot deal if you were using it to replace the live vaccine. It is fairly effective for IBR but not so good for BVD.

Comment

We spring vaccinate with a live vaccine as well, a few weeks before the bulls go out on the same day as we do the calfs. Our vet uses Breedback 9 which give us IBR/PI3/BVD I belive and also 8-Way every 2nd year. I'm wondering about giving ScourGaurd at the same time if that means you only need a booster just before calving. This means just Ivomec come fall.

Comment

I vaccinate annually. Several neighbours have had wrecks with IBR in the past. I have also lost cows to BSRV which is included in the CattlemasterL vaccine(IBR/BVD/PI3/BSRV/Lep.).

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...