• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

grain trailers/ trucks

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grain trailers/ trucks

What does everyone use/ find the most economical for transporting their grain. Thinking about buying a truck and tridem or just another tandem and still hiring out to sell. Right now we just hire out to sell, but we do need something else for harvest anyway. So is it economical to buy a trailer or not? by the time you factor in interest on investment, probly not. Most elevators are at a 1 hr drive. Anyone have costs figured out on what a trailer unit would be?

Buy a used seta Super B's & split em' for Fall use. NOW yous got 2 trailers to use. Kin rent A almost new semi here fer $100 per day, what kind yous want??? Hell you kin rent a seta Super B's fer $250 a day. Yous kin spend $15,000 or $40,000 on A used set, all depends on what condition yous want. What have yous been using all this time???

Comment

We run two tandems and a set of super b's. Bought a cheap set 13 yrs old closed end with some surface rust. Fresh safety recent brakes and good tires. Pull them behind an 88 or 89 WS or split them if the fields are soft. Not as handy to unload but some of my fields are 20 miles away. They are a heavy unit 20-21 T. But I'm running full rig up winch trucks with lockers and headache rack and probably a bumper just shy of 1000 lbs. The price was right and it does come in handy sometimes. It aint sexy but it works. It all just depends on what you want and can live with. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...