• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Employee Strikes

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Employee Strikes

I'm getting sick and tired of hearing about strike action..... Locomotive engineers, conductors, health care unions, Canada Post employees and now the SK Teachers....

What ever happened to bargaining like adults? Why does the public always have to feel threatened about a cut in services, that could lead to a elimination of some areas of service?

In the teachers situation......... what kind of a message is it sending to our kids? Oh.... I want this, and if I don't get it, I'll throw a school yard temper tantrum, take my toys and go home. What kind of an example is that to our kids?

Lets get back to the bargaining tables, and keep you problems out of the social media where neither side can tell the truth.......

Arbitration takes the decision out of both sides hands. It seems the services side welcomes arbitration. Why, in what represents a significant spread difference that won't be settled by staring at each other across negotiation tables, does the employer side not agree to arbitration?

Comment

now they are going to work to rule, only 9-330 in the school. There goes the field trips, sports days, graduations etc. What a bunch of BS. These kids have worked hard for these things....... all their lives for Graduation and now there might be some issues about it happening...... DAMM the UNION Bosses to Hell

Comment

Those items you list are a part of the experience of an education, but none of them is as important as the 9:00-3:30. Talk to me when the kids lose their school year, and I'll agree with you that all the adults in the process need to be damned.

In the meantime, to be fair, do you also not have a Damn the Wall government to Hell? It takes two to bargain. It only takes one appointed to the position to arbitrate.

Comment

Why take it out on the kids..... If Wall has any balls he'd legislate an end this..... Maybe I should have ended my infamous quote and directed it to the lazy ass negotiators that aren't doing their jobs. Shame on the whole works!........ is that better?

Comment

Short answer, no it is not better.

Legislating track and field games, feel good entertainment for kids like graduation ceremonies, mandatory noon hour supervision duties, and a host of others not tied to salaried duties would be childish for any government to attempt. Those can't be reasons enough for you to ask Wall to declare these as essential services.

Your son, or daughter will receive their credits, and not lose their year over a work to rule action. That is the only thing that really counts.

Comment

I STILL THINK that the kids have to be put first and foremost in all of this.
              Checking...... if you are a teacher, then thank you for what you have done, but I still think that this kind of behavior by a group of people that many of us trust with our kids has to be looked on as less than responsible.

Comment

Canada Post workers better hope people miss
                them. I sure don't need them for much these
                days.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.