• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Morton trying to fix his soiled image.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morton trying to fix his soiled image.

I read an article from Calgary Herald yesterday that gave Conservative Leader Wanna-Be "Fred" Ted Morton, good press - seeing as Mr. Morton has come out against Bill 50 the Electrical Statutes Amendment Act which gave Cabinet final say on "Critical Infrastructure".

I found this rather a remarkable jump to say he was against Bill 50, when it was his legislation under Bill 36 the Land Stewardship Act, which ENABLES Bill 50, (and Bill 19), and the acting Cabinet of the day to steal away our property rights to stream-line the construction of these so-called critical transmission lines.

The CH article also mentioned leaked diplomatic emails which clearly demonstrate that Alberta politicians were/are planning on exporting electricity to the NW USA as soon as there is excess power produced from the co-generation plants involved with the development of the Tarsands, and the appropriate infrasturcture is in place. It's all in the timing.

Two weeks ago Ted Morton and Evan Berger were in Eckville defending Bills 19,36,50 and 24.
    Maybe he got the message when the crowd booed him when he tried to tell them they should just trust him and stop listening to "rabble rousers" like Keith Wilson or Joe Anglin?
    Or maybe after Wiki-leaks revealed the Alberta government wasn't telling the truth, he thought the jig is up and it's time to try to fool the peasants with a new position? Blame it all on Ed Stelmach?

Comment

Interestingly I had a conversation with one of Teds trusted advisers a few weeks before Eckville. He asked me what it would take for me to support Ted in his leadership bid. I told him it would take something spectacular like repealing Bill 50. Then I watched Ted defend Bill 50 at Eckville. Too little too late to back off now. I don't see how he can think he doesn't have to wear it. I guess having a PhD in Political Science doesn't mean much in the real thing.

Comment

Ted Morton has been a great disappointment. Instead of a champion for the rural landower he has become our worst enemy!
        Pre-2006 Ted was saying it is time to strengthen landowners property rights. Two things he campaigned on for the 2006 party leadership were: annual pipeline rent and indexing the entry fee, paid on surface leases and pipeline right of ways, to better reflect todays prices.....rather than the 1980 price?
        Once he got into cabinet as Sustainable Resources minister he never made one peep about those two items! Instead he brings in this draconian Bill 36, which is part and parcel of a ideaology that landowners should not have any individual rights and the state should rule supreme, ignoring just compensation and the rule of law! In fact, taking the Magna Carta and 800 years of British common law and throwing them in the garbage can!
        As I said....Ted is a great disappointment. We don't want him for a leader.

Comment

It certainly makes me wonder about the dismantling of non-refundable checkoffs, no matter what the commodity, and how it relates to Bills 19, 36 and 50 (and that other bill about carbon capture and storage). This government couldn't possibly allow any well-funded organizations comprised of a huge number of land-owners to have any lobbying power.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...