• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Crop PRO Forecasts

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Crop PRO Forecasts

Any comments on the new crop PRO CWB pool return outlook forecasts?

A couple of my thoughts.

1) Significant changes to the spreads between wheat classes and proteins (read widening).

2) Durum total payment forecasts remaining relatively high.

What impact will this have on seeding decisions? How much more durum going in the ground?

I don't think you're getting old, just being concerned and wanting to be informed, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. By continuing to ask and seek out answers, you will be able to decide for yourself what is good for you and yours.

There are many things that interfere with the food chain and we are responsible for a great number of them like oil spills, destroying biodiversity and taking habitat away from various species that have an impact on other species.

Some of the demand for these transgenic crops comes from producers looking for lower inputs in order to improve their bottom line. Some of it has to do with improving food safety - ie spraying less often and with more preciseness.

I'm not so sure that it has much to do with producing more as there isn't as much of a food shortage as there is either an inability to pay or through various turmoils in some countries the product simply does not get to where it needs to go. In some cases it is simply that the people live in remote areas and there is no way to get food to them in a practical manner.

As hard as it is to look at, when a country can't afford to pay you for your products, there is only so much you can keep giving them for nothing. I applaud the efforts of the various grainbanks and their getting grains to people in developing countries. Sometimes I think it would be interesting to follow it through and see just how much of what is shipped actually reaches the people it is intended for.

Making an informed decision is the best way to go. Keep on asking your questions.

Comment

The main case for GMO's to date is ease of use (any fool can spray as safe chemical like roundup on everything) and cost (much cheaper than using other chemicals, cultivating the weeds out before seeding etc. etc.

When we have varieties developed that actually serve a customer's needs than the other uses might become more apparent.

Comment

Charlie,

The CWB Producer Price Options are changing from being based on #1CWRS 13.5 off Minneapolis to:

CWRS CWES off Minneapolis,

CPSR and CPSW and Winter Wheat off Kansas City,

Soft White wheat off Chicago.

I believe the basis charge is still the biggest problem with these contracts, it will be interesting to see how the CWB deals with this issue at the end of March!

Further the CWB must deal with the lower quality feed wheat issue and become competitive for these contracts to really work correctly.

Will the CWB meet this chalenge?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.