• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saskatchewan again!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saskatchewan again!

Went to a seminar put on by a couple of municipalities in Sask. to try to convince cattlemen to move there. It was just an excellent program with a good combination of government people and locals making presentations. Sure looks like the land of opportunity! Cheap land but also very good black soil!
    There were a few things that made you wonder. One was the land taxes were a little high and the other was the winter temperatures were a little low! Other than that it looked good. I think I'll go have a look although I'm not looking at going there.

There seems to certainly be alot of interest in our cheaper land at the moment. I've been told that we could see a increase in the value of land in Sk. because of the outside interest. So if your thinking about Sk. now may be a good time as many farmers are frustrated and fear another drought. A person very well maybe able to afford to buy now and let it sit without cattle on it waiting for the drought to end. I am having considerable interest in my area of folks looking at buying land to graze.

Comment

I have no real intention of moving there or buying there. If I was younger...maybe. Lately the idea of retirement gets more and more attractive. I still have my other business interests and they are not so demanding as cow/calf. I'm still under 50 and maybe would like to take it a little easier.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...
      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.