• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saskatchewan again!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saskatchewan again!

Went to a seminar put on by a couple of municipalities in Sask. to try to convince cattlemen to move there. It was just an excellent program with a good combination of government people and locals making presentations. Sure looks like the land of opportunity! Cheap land but also very good black soil!
    There were a few things that made you wonder. One was the land taxes were a little high and the other was the winter temperatures were a little low! Other than that it looked good. I think I'll go have a look although I'm not looking at going there.

There seems to certainly be alot of interest in our cheaper land at the moment. I've been told that we could see a increase in the value of land in Sk. because of the outside interest. So if your thinking about Sk. now may be a good time as many farmers are frustrated and fear another drought. A person very well maybe able to afford to buy now and let it sit without cattle on it waiting for the drought to end. I am having considerable interest in my area of folks looking at buying land to graze.

Comment

I have no real intention of moving there or buying there. If I was younger...maybe. Lately the idea of retirement gets more and more attractive. I still have my other business interests and they are not so demanding as cow/calf. I'm still under 50 and maybe would like to take it a little easier.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...