• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kevin Grier Comments On The Calgary XL Foods Planting Shutting Down

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kevin Grier Comments On The Calgary XL Foods Planting Shutting Down

Got a big teardrop in my eye when Kevin said that both Cargill and NB inc. have lost money over the last couple of months. Whatever. Better kick the BIC group in the butt and get the price of trim up for those poor boogers.

I wonder what the folks at employment and immigration in Calgary would say if they knew NB just got a 1.6 mil grant to fix the plant up at Brooks to grind cows. "Get ready to move some employees out to Brooks"??? LOL Or - "oh Shit, never saw that one coming" LOL

I hear ABP and CCA are lobbying the feds for more grant money to go to NB and Cargill to save them from further losses due to 4 day weeks. Heard anything about that Mr. Haney?

Good business - is all this is about. Like Kevin said - the Calgary plant sits on prime commercial property and will be up for sale now that real estate is becoming more lucrative.

Slash and burn - slash and burn. But make sure the 1.6 mil is in the bank first.

Comment

I haven't heard anything about the lobby for more grant money, but that doesn't mean its not happening.

I'm not sure many are shedding a tear for packers losing money by the way.

Comment

You don't hear nothing about the billions of dollars they made off of us,when they were paying nothing for our cattle during the mad cow years!!

Comment

Shaney - Check out "The Canadian Press" Jan 21, 2011 by John Cotter.

CCA, Dairy Farmers of Canada, Canadian Federation of Agriculture, Canadian Meat Council, La Federation des producers de bovinis du Quebec, and guess who Cargil, XL Foods and Levinoff-colbex.

Strange "bed-fellows". da

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.