• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilson vs. Morton/Berger

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilson vs. Morton/Berger

Keith Wilson is supposed to be debating
    MLAs Morton and Berger at the Eckville
    hall on April 21st over Bills 19, 36 and
    It should be interesting. As an MLA, I
    might be a bit scared to show up for
    that...

What time would that meeting be held Sean? I'm not that far from Ekville and it might be good entertainment.

Comment

Sorry. It is scheduled for a 7pm start.
      I will be surprised if it is over by the
      10pm end point.

Comment

I'm even closer than Randy - should make for some good entertainment. Have the MLAs been turning out for all these events or do they pull out at the last minute?

Comment

My understanding is that the MLAs have had
          a couple of their own events, but that one
          showed up in St. Paul to dispute the
          argument.
          When the bill was put up on the overhead
          (actual words) and the MLA was given free
          reign to explain, they shut up right away.

Comment

Odds of Evan backing down are slim.

Comment

I was told that at the Balzac meeting, only MLAs, Ted (Fred) Morton quickly packed up his papers at 9 pm and walked out. Ding, ding, ding... round two over.... Morton too chicken to fight it out to the bitter end. Bawk bawk bawk....

I have come to the realization that the HVDC power lines will ACTUALLY make the Alberta electrical infrastructure system MORE unreliable, and unsafe. These DC lines with their converter stations will cause the system to be "dependent" on them, like trunks of a tree - the limbs are only held up as long as the trunks don't break. AUC cannot argue that these lines are needed when in fact, they make the Alberta system UNRELIABLE and UNSAFE.

Comment

You forgot 400% more expensive...

Comment

It looks like we have got a truckload or 2 heading to the meeting from EC Alta (Spec Areas 2) although I personally can't make it. Hopefully there are lots more from other places. HT

Comment

Good to see some going from our area. I can't attend either, but would very much like to see questions asked about how these HVDC lines make our system more reliable, when in fact they will cause a "redirecting" of energy flow through them. Won't this possibly mean that many existing lines will have to have upgrades also to redirect and link them to the substations??

Maybe the cowboys attending this meeting could "hang a few lariats on their truck mirrors" to show their disgust for the Conservative MLAs and these bills... Just a symbol of course! Might make for a nice picture in the papers. Rows or trucks with ropes looped over the drivers side or inside mirror.

And PLEASE address Mr. Morton by his true name "FRED".... that should get his goat!

Comment

A few of us southerners will be there as well. Not withstanding the importance of these issues this meeting could be worth the drive for the entertainment and networking value. I'll be the short guy with the short hair if any of you characters care to introduce yourselves.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...
                      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.