• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Subsidies For Agriculture

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subsidies For Agriculture

This is being written as a personal opinion for you to reflect upon or comment.
    I would like nothing more than not to have to receive funds from our governments to keep farming. I am proud of the product I produce and the way in which I do it. The problem is we in agriculture be it grain, livestock, or an other form are one of the few professions that are not able to charge for our product as the cost of producing it increases.
    If you own a business and your expenses increase you pass it on to the consumer. The govt's regularly increase our costs for utilities saying they are not making enough money.
    Many company's increase their profits by increasing the price, the reason being we need it, they have it, pay or go with out.
    I do not wish to have to have a subsidy payed to me to keep farming. But to do this I must charge more for my product to meet the cost of producing it and to have a profit like any other business. Unless the consumers of this country are prepared to pay more, the government must subsidies agriculture. The people of this country must become aware that food does not come from the grocery store it comes from the farmer.
    The politicians must remember that to lose farmers hurts more than just rural towns, there is many businesses in cities across Canada that make their living from us.
    I would like everyone to sit back and think about all the little shoe stores, auto dealers, cafe's, department stores, etc. that would not be there if it were not for farmers and agriculture. It is high time the people that think they are not effected by us wake up and learn that we help to keep them in business, support us because we support you. Give a farmer money and we will get the economy growing.
    Remember for every person that leaves the farm to work they take a job away from somebody else, maybe people will wake up when it's their's.
    The gov't must subsidies the farmer or up our prices and subsidies the end user. No matter how you figure it every year more people leave the farm and this must stop.

I agree entirely with this comment and wish I had the answer for what we could do to get some positive action going to help agriculture. It seems even when people are away from the farm just one generation even a lot of them forget what it is like. The only way I feel something can be accomplished is if farmer unite with a common voice and action.

Comment

Vanclief is our common voice, he says "Your on your own boys good luck."

Well here we are left holding the bag that the Government has interfered in since day one. Now believing that we are better managers than Vanclief, (he went broke farming and now he knows best, what is good for us) we are left alone or as a group to survive.

What do you think we should do as a group or on our own to met the problem at hand.

Comment

Become a Union! It seems to work for the teachers in Alberta!

You want 20% more to keep up with inflation? Just go on strike. Keep ALL Canadian produce from moving for only 3 days.

I will guarantee results then!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.