• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cattle going higher

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cattle going higher

yes by october we see the high market,so there is fun in cattle again .
    the family farm cattle man had to go! it is big number game taken over and corporation gets the tax break on top yet . hope harper gets majority this time .
    happy farming and high cattle prices

<a href="http://s1138.photobucket.com/albums/n523/kphaber/?action=view&current=008.jpg" target="_blank"></a>

A plug for Sim/Angus open replacement heifers on offer @ Saskatoon Livestock Sales Thursday April 21/11. Ph 306 382-8088. Top end out of 60 are on offer. There is nothing kept back because we purchase all F1 bred females from Blairs @ DRAKE SASK. each fall. Dark red with some "chrome". Will be palpated, IBR/PI3 BVD, recently ivermeced (april) ready for grass.

The lighter cut will sell May June Market.

Comment

I guess you didn't read the rules that you agreed to before you started posting on agriville SADIE - or maybe you think rules don't apply to you and are only for the little people?

Here is the info you missed:

"You agree to not use the Chat Forums to: upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas (such as the Farms.com Classifieds) that are designated for such purpose."

Comment

Gf--sorry about that ---I didn't know. Is there a way to erase this of any other. Please have a moderator contact me and I will erase or do whatever.

Thankyou Gf.

Comment

Gf ---I should have never learnt how to figure out "photobucket' and then upload by copy and drag.

I am extremely sorry for this. Please have a moderator erase this.

Comment

Yeah, shape up there sadie, you oughta know better! ;~)

If it were not for a few straight ones, the world would be all gone to hell by now . . .

Comment

No big deal, just pointing out that it's not a free advertising site. No need to remove the posts.
              I see you're still tagging some of the heifers too far out from the head though - the ones that are about out of sight are about right, the ones half way along the ear are asking for trouble;o)

Comment

To hell with the rules. Nice bunch of heifers and nice to see a picture on Agriville.

Comment

I guess the old 4-H motto has been engraved into my system for 58 years.
                  "you learn to do by doing". My computer skills remain on a steep incline over the last 4 years. When I first was introduced to agrivlle--I needed help to do that.

I followed Allfarmer's thread on attaching the site to press to look at his black cows as they were going for sale. I was trying to do the same.
                  It sure helped me follow the cow market when I was "cold weather calving".

The title of this thread from ag-boy is "Cattle going higher". In order for cattle to peak next fall the market has to keep on a rise through the spring and summer.

The price of "open replacement heifers" going to grass will help set the tone for what "bred heifers" are going to be in the fall of 2011.

500 Black angus heifers sold at Assiniboia a week ago. The top cut of 35 brought $1450.00 ea. The rest were in the $1100 range.

Already I understand with my RFID eartags misplaced and these animals (or the tags they carry will not be age verified) I can expect to be discounted accordingly.

GF--on the light side on agriville. I have watched the crops and commodity chat room. At least I haven't ever "Cursed" on this site.

Comment

Sadie, you should be ashamed of yourself!! With a pen of heifers like that you should feel bad for not posting more pictures. I would rather be on this post looking at pics of cows, rather than commodity were all they post the last couple of days is political ads.

Comment

SADIE, Agreed much of the debate on the commodity forum is rather offputting. The bad language and the largely one sided bullying that goes on doesn't reflect well on some of the posters.

I'm not sure I agree with your comment about high open heifer prices now helping set the tone for what bred heifers are going to be in the fall. It's showing how high they NEED to be in the fall to be better business than selling them as opens now. We should be cautious about assuming future prices are based on current price plus an assumed increase in value. Something unexpected (like BSE) coming along might make bred heifers worth only $850 in the fall. My risk tolerence doesn't extend to buying $1000 open heifers with the intention of selling them as breds. It's funny the psychology of the market place though - when markets are rising many are prepared to take huge risks on unlikely outcomes whereas in down markets most are unprepared to take the lesser risks involved with surer outcomes.

Comment

Pretty fancy bunch of girls there Sadie!

Now for something entirely different.... meet Mildred.
                        <a href="http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b67/Kato1/?action=view&current=fromcameramarch202010 062.jpg" target="_blank"></a>

Mildred is a fancy Simmental cross heifer, with frozen ears, and eyes scarred from pinkeye or something. We're not really sure because it happened before Hubby bought her at a feeder sale last fall for.... wait for it...... FIVE DOLLARS. She weighed about a hundred pounds, and came toddling into the ring at the end of the sale. No one wanted her, and we already had a bag milk at home, so a five dollar bill changed hands. I bottle fed her, and now she's close to 400 pounds. When she comes off pasture this fall, she just may be the Canadian record holder for the most profitable feeder of the year.

She ain't pretty, but she's going to make some money. ;-)

Comment

Great looking cattle Sadie!

I am with Randy, this site is not 200 active cattle profiles regularly showing off their cattle for resale. I wouldn't want that. Is seems to me Agriville beef is about tops 30 reasonably active posters. This Forum can go for days with no posts on it. The rules should be as long as you contribute your good.
                          If you are some new guy and out of the blue want to do some self promotion don't bother. I for 1 want to know when Agriviller's make a move.

Real people doing real deals...the reason most of us here have no problem giving their real name and phone number on the site.

I for 1 am proud to be part of this forum, no daily personal attacts like the Grain guys have here.

The Agriville Beef Family!!!

Comment

I like the pictures and hope to see more. Ranchers.net had a forum for photos and it was very interesting.

Those are real nice looking heifers and I enjoyed seeing Kato's short eared money maker. I for one hope the moderators encourage more pictures.

Comment

Oh, I've nothing against photos it certainly adds interest to the site. What I was pointing out was that using the forum as a blatant advertising tool is not what it was intended for or allowed for in the rules.
                              I read several different forums and the ones that allow advertising of this sort quickly deteriorate because a lot of guys post when they have something for sale and never participate otherwise. These forums become advertising forums instead of discussion forums. I think SADIE's pictures of the ear tagging information were appropriate but advertising of his heifers for sale was not. That's my opinion.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...