• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cattle prices are amazing!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cattle prices are amazing!

800lb heifers 1.1925 = $954
    920lb steers 1.1850 = $1090
    520lb heifers 1.3550 = $704

Picked these prices off the april 1st TEAM sale. I am thinking about buying some 900lb heifers but to pay more that $950 seems steep. Can't really see prices going down though.

Work Sunday fix Monday!! Managed to bust a major steel post on my v cutter, brush cutter and broke 2 hoses moving my straight blade out to the bush. Some days you now you should have took the day off.

Those prices actually seem a little low. On the low end, those 520 lb heifers should be hitting $1.40 no problem.

Comment

It will be interesting to see where these feeder prices go if corn drops back about .50 or $1.00/ bu.

Here's hoping for a BIG corn crop.

Comment

It will be interesting to see where these feeder prices go if corn drops back about .50 or $1.00/ bu.

Here's hoping for a BIG corn crop.

Comment

Sorry about the double post - stuttering fingers . . .

Comment

I know. Where does the capital come from to pay these prices. Multiply those animal values by the number of head in the group and the total is close to staggaring. A person can buy a sizable part of an apartment building or a commercial warehouse with those totals with a fraction of the profit risk.
            Question, is this the year to buy into the cattle price insurance programs?

Comment

15444 You may be right. Canadian markets are not rising as quickly as the American markets.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...