• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some advice.... ;-)

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some advice.... ;-)

After a long day working at my seasonal income tax job, I've been thinking about things that need to be said.... and you can take this to the bank.

After carefully entering twelve pages of data in an 18 column account book, if you don't go that extra half a mile and add them up..... it will cost extra.

If you bring in a ten pound plastic bag full of bills... it will cost extra.

You can not write off a speeding ticket as a farm expense.

You can leave the grocery receipts at home.

It's OK to throw away the envelopes... really, it is. Trust me on this.

If the bills have ridden around in the truck for a couple of months, flatten them out at least enough so you can read them. Hide them under the phone book for another couple of months.

No, that new shirt from Walmart is not deductible.

Twelve cheque statements, and twelve Visa bills do not constitute a set of books. Unless your accountant is psychic. ;-)

Yes, it was a long day........

Why don't you write a book? ;~)

Comment

What if you were speeding to pick up fertilizer before the price went up? or cows for that matter...

Comment

I don't show my accountant the receipts.....is better that way.

Comment

Hey Kato,

I thought I was the only one who did some of
          those things to my accountant.

Thanks for sharing.

Don
          Not as organized as I appear.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.