• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question for CCIA

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question for CCIA

Could someone please clear up this issue. A few years ago I was told that because it can be very dangerous to tag a mature bull (maybe he's just too frickin' big for the squeeze), you would be allowed to transfer him to market without a tag in the ear. We have done this and paid the auction mart to apply the tags. End of story. But not so for a neighbor who received a warning letter in the mail.

The warning letter came from CFIA ---correct!!!!! That still can become a "charge" up to 2 years from now if it is reviewed higher up the chain of command.!!!!

you are back in my domain which has 21 months of research now behind my living investigation.

The list of the current laws are extensive which one can be fined under the monetary penalties act. The next step is to have the interpretation of these same said laws and lastly comes the enforcement actions of these obscure laws (CFIA).

Doesn't this sound exactly what the Alberta Landowners are disputing right now over bill 19, bill 36, bill 46 & bill 50.

Comment

We retag all our bulls just about every year. (We need to haul them to pasture, otherwise we wouldn't do it.) We put them in the tub, and swing the door to wedge them in. Then the dance begins. It can get interesting, but so far no injuries.... yet. We always wonder how long we can get away with this, because the bulls know exactly what's going on, and it doesn't get any easier as time goes by.

Comment

When I sold my cows a couple weeks ago the auction mart said if tags were missing they would do it 5 or 6 buck/head. I was billed about 500 bucks I didn't think I was missing that many but I didn't check so thats what I get. No one here wanted to put 150 pregnant cows through in -35 weather.

Since I don't have a brand that was another issue. Apparently the brands are not getting put on my bills when I buy cows.

Comment

HEY ALL YOU GOVERNMENT GUYS!! If you're not reading this forum on a regular basis, then you should be! Can one of you that is in a "position of authority" answer this question for all of us to see! Many, many producers read this forum - so if somebody from CCIA, CFIA, or any other government agency or commodity organization could answer this question, once and for all, it would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.