• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exproriation of lands for greater good

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exproriation of lands for greater good

Ruken posted Mar 8, 2011 10:53
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sorry I choose not to be afraid.

I listened to "our MLAs" at the Alberta Beef Industry Conference and was happy with what they said. If anyone should be on the hot box,it's the lawyer who's raising a big stink and hoping for business. The idea of having my land expropriated for the greater good is fine with me so long as I get paid fair market value for it...and I trust that I would.
    Watch for half truths, as they exist on both sides...

Ruken----Your comment Expropriation of lands for greater good and trust you would get fair compensation for it.

1)Do you mean just "expropriation lands" only or does that mean "right of entry" lands also?

2)Expropriation of lands---"Severence of land forever"

"Right of entry lands" means easement and possibly some day it can come back to that parcel of lands often in damaged conditions.

3)Expropriation order or right of entry orders means "taking of lands" between a buying dictating price to an unwilling seller of lands---under an order.

4)Have you got proof of people that are happy with expropriation offer of lands when lands were taken for "the greater good".

5)Being through the last 5 years and working with over 500 landowners on 1400kms of pipeline corridor I have seen the tears and the frustration of people (century farms) having their lands "intruded on" by pressurized pipelines stacking up closer to their homes putting their homes, shops in the control zone and when asked for relocation are offered "pittins". Many have just abandoned their homes at this point.

Calving is letting up a bit for me a warmer weather so would like to challange your knowledge on this thread.

I totally disagree with your comment

"Expropriation of lands and trust I would be properly compensated for it".

ALSA is so much more that expropriating for the public good. There already was the ability to do that. Interestingly I can speak from experience in that situation as our homestead is now underneath an overpass. Expropriated with compensation but certainly not the value we expected. The public and ourselves do enjoy a safe and needed interchange but the public sure doesn't care much about the people who had their property displaced for their safety and enjoyment. So ALSA wasn't needed for that purpose at all.

Comment

Would you consider continuing this discussion in one thread?
      http://www.agri-ville.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewThread.cgi?1299943156
      for instance?
      It would be good to collect all of these comments together.

Comment

Check that, why not go to:
        http://www.agri-ville.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewThread.cgi?1299531672
        in Rural Issues.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...