• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you find the discussion in this are usefull?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you find the discussion in this are usefull?

I know there are a lot of people who view this discussion on a regular basis but don't necessarily participate in the written part. If you fit in this category, what are you thoughts.

1) Does the commodity area provide usefull information that you can use in your understanding of policy areas and assists with decision making?

2) Are there some things that should be done differently that would make you more comfortable with using it?

3) Are there any impediments to your participating in discussions (slow modem speed, lack of time, etc.)?

4) What are your thoughts about using the internet in this way to exchange information with peers?

Ya I read but don't participate must cause mi tipeng ant speling is nut goode. Perhaps you could build in a spell checker. However I do have an issue that needs addressing.

Cheap corn!! we should be screaming about the corn comming into Alberta. First it was subsidised by the US and then it depresses my price.

This is not free trade or even fair trade. We should be suing the states for messing with my business!!!

Give me 50c a bu more for my Bly and we will see value added!

Ya the cowboys need it but they have been on welfare for to long anyway.

Any opinions?

Comment

Corn is the same price in South Dakota as Lethbridge, minus the freight.
      You've got to be kidding about the cowboy welfare thing, right? I mean talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

Comment

Agri-villers,

Should US and Canada harmonize policies?

If we harmonize, then with currency on par, would any of us be better off?

IS a depreciated dollar part of the root wage problem with Alberta teachers?

Does the Canadian gov. really want a depreciated dollar to reduce the accumulated federal deficit?

We are in a spin going down fast, how do we resolve this issue, if a CDN $ became par with the US, what would happen to our agricultural producers in Canada?

So aren't we getting a huge subsidy when we have a $.62 - 38% advantage to US producers?

Comment

Charliep: Reading the discussion has helped my understanding a bit on grain pricing and the options that might be available to me. I really do not have the time to contact someone during "office hours" that will explain the market place so stting down in the evening to peruse the discussion forums is well worth while. Even though we do not enter the forum that does not say we are not availing ourselves of the greater brainpower!!

Comment

Charliep: How did your speech go, did you put a big dash of optimism in it or did you stick to you straight price line pessimistic forecast. You should live on the edge alittle once in awhile.

Heres hoping for a more exciting life for you. The Kernel.

Comment

My presentations in both Winnipeg and Swift Current went well. Forecast is pretty much the way I described - that is $7 to $7.50/bu average is acres go in to $7.50 to $8/bu if small crop (depends on your attitude whether bullish or bearis). All of prairies is going in in dry with farmer is SW corner very concerned (they are on my mind because I was there). May have to review my thoughts on production although I am cautious about indicating this is overly positive for prices (the ocean of soybean oil south of us just gets larger.

Comment

I have found the discussions very interesting and informative. I have learnt a lot about your problems and advantages compared to mine. Hope I have helped some of you see the grass is not that much greener for the working farmer over here even with subsidies.
                Our problems seem remarkably similar. Tom and I even sell straw the same way but the fact that there are no rats in Alberta still seems unbelieveable.
                The workings of the CWB was a surprise. I thought it was your great advantage a bit the way some of you see our subsidies.

Hope you don't mind my imput on your site but I feel if we understood each others needs and costs better perhaps we could gain the confidence to ask a higher price.

The only solution to the future where ever we farm.

Comment

Add another to the list of those who read with enthusiasm.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...