• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corporate welfare bums

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corporate welfare bums

The Canadian Press Jan 21 - 2011
    "Canada's beef sector asks Ottawa for $20M, warns of lost meat plant jobs".
    "A letter signed by CCA, Dairy Farmers of Cdn, CFA, Cdn Meat Council, La Federation des droducers Qbc, Cargil, XL Foods, Levinoff-Colbex"

When are we ever going to get over the fact that corporate welfare is NOT needed in industry that consistantly earn an ROI of at least 30% after tax.

They did this prior to Federal Budget hopeing for another handout. *&^)^&$#$@%$

We all need to send our MP a faxed letter demanding them to STOP this corporate pork barreling.

And secondly fire the indusrty leaders for leading while in conflict of interest.

At least that's the only way I can grasp their reasoning for supporting this.

Sounds like corporate blackmail to me. Time for the packers to open up their books. They cried poverty with a $2.00 cow after BSE and took public money - what's the excuse now? They got our AV information for free - what will they demand next?

Comment

BSE led to decimated cow herds which led to the resulting shortage of slaughter cattle plus expensive SRM regulations which results in the loss of packing jobs.

No one should be surprised that the corporate hand is out. We've all seen it coming for years now, and we've said it more than a few times in this forum. It's just the natural progression of things. Set up a situation where an industry is controlled by a small number of "too big to fail" operations, and this is what we get.

I don't blame the corporations. They're just doing what they do. Just like a coyote killing a deer is just doing what it does. That's it's nature, it can't help it. I blame the business environment promoted by the governments of this country for many years now that is set up to encourage the big to get bigger, at the expense of the small and independent, with no concept of the damage caused by lack of competition.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...
      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.