• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLAs hold meetings Mar 11 & 18 to defend bills

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MLAs hold meetings Mar 11 & 18 to defend bills

Found this info on internet, regarding two meetings scheduled by MLAs:

Highwood's MLA brings two of the original architects of Bill 36 together for a town hall meeting.

George Groeneveld will by joined by Foothills Rockeyview MLA Ted Morton and Livingstone Macleod's Evan Berger in High River on March 12th to talk about and answer any questions regarding the province's Land Stewardship Act.

The March 12th meeting will be held from 10 until noon at the Highwood Memorial Center.

A second meeting will be held March 18th at the Balzac Community Hall from 7-9.

sorry typo on topic heading, meetings are the 12th and 18th!!

Comment

Part 2, Hope this works!

Comment

Wonder how many land owners will "rescind" their votes next election in Alberta. I've said it aot of time before, throw out the monarchist BS , create propoer private property rights in this country and THAT will get my vote. Instead these governments slowly erode what tiny rights we do have.

Comment

Hey Tom Jacksson, How did you put up da video??? Some of us here wood like to know. Thank you kindly sir........

Comment

TOM - you are full of it my friend. Waiting patiently all this time to tell us, three years of opposing the legislation - bullcrap! Look up the thread from a couple of months ago where you were assuring us that your friend Ted Morton was going to shortly bring out his legislation which would be very favorable to us landowners and that you had been actively involved with it all along.
            You are a few days(or months) late and a few dollars short to this party TOM maybe you should stick to your CWB bashing and quit trying to claim credit for leading the charge on the landownership issue?

Comment

Grassfarmer,

Being patient... trusting folks and hope that they will be the best they can be... has been my goal... whether that trust was justified is certainly in question.

As a famous President said... TRUST... but verify.

Mock me all you like.... I SADLY understand...my warning to those ruling us... was proven right.

...Just as with the CWB... I would still much rather AB gov./ PC Alberta folks NOW responsible to us ... to serve/represent us would do so with real justice, care, respect and wisdom.

It is frightening... it doesn't matter which administration that gets derailed... both do hurt me/us and our families personally. BOTH should know better.

We have much work to do... roll up your sleeves...

Building a better province and nation never happens by itself... it always has been the hard work of those who have gone before us... if we reap real tangible Prosperity. Our call to work... is now...

AS always with political movements... history... teaches us... timing is everything!

I would still rather both for PC Alberta... AND the CWB... that they would instead respect the grass roots who they are supposed to serve... and instead choose to serve us their neighbours with dignity and care!!!

"There is NO Greater Love... than to lay down/sacrifice your life for your neighbour!"

"To err is Human... to forgive Divine."

Comment

I sat in a well attended presentation by Ted Morton, Evan Berger, and George Groeneveld explaining how CAEPLA and an ambitious lawyer have whipped folks like you into a froth with a slew of misinformation. They carefully disassembled the myths propagated by CAEPLA et al. Ted Morton also apologized that this issue gained such traction. This legislation is the first of its kind to ensure landowners' rights to their property and ensuring compensation should that property be impinged upon by future developments or changes. It would do you well to revisit this issue before you pass judgement and speak with Morton or Berger.

Comment

bmwilson.

I totally agree with what you've just said. My sentiments as well. We've got a bunch of half cocked folks and a fully loaded lawyer running the fear into people and that then becomes truth. So stupid...

Comment

Perception is reality my friend.

The inability of the current gov't to even remotely convince a GREAT MANY farmers of the benefits of these bills they have put in says everything we need to know about the bills themselves and the people dreaming them up.

The current gov't is scrambling for their lives and trying to save their own skins and their parties. You can trust their speeches if you want, there are thousands out here who don't. Property rights should be extremely simple to put into legislation. Dog and pony shows to sell obscure legislation to the masses sure sends up a red flag in my mind.

Comment

Perception must not be reality. A poorly informed GREAT MANY must be diligent to become informed of the whole picture. It's easy to whip a crowd into a frenzy with a professional slick presentation. There should have been a kiosk selling Sham-wows and Snuggies on the way out. I don't believe that a government that contains so many landowners would all cut their noses off if CAEPLA's interpretation of ALSA was valid. Shame on CAEPLA if their efforts result in the ALSA being defeated. They should all be held up to the light as agents against the very notion of property rights. ALSA contains sections that include compensation for the first time in legislation. All other acts existing are still valid offering avenues of appeal and compensation in their own right. Why is the rebuttal of the CAEPLA position a dog and pony show? Is it not the duty of our elected officials to stand up for legislation that has had so much public and industry input? I suspect that CAEPLA's presentation was a posturing exercise to assist the opposition in the next provincial election. Their dog and pony show just contains stock of dubious pedigree. If this is the opposition's tactic to gain favor, it has not worked for me.

Comment

You say you went to a Morton presentation. Have you been to a caepla presentation to listen to their opinion?

Comment

silverback:
                          Sorry, not in person. I've read their newsletters, listened to the "talk radio" bits TOM has posted, and talked with a few of my neighbors who went to the presentations and took good notes. They were horrified and mad as hell at the government which made me look deeper. I should have gone in person for sure, but our cows were calving and the weather was too poor to leave them. Most of my neighbors looked a little deeper too. Some of them would still agree with you though - everyone is entitled to their opinion. Some of them are equally horrified at the allegations that were made by the lawyer and are just as mad that this has gone this far.

Comment

I'll say it again. A half cocked MANY with half the information from a fully loaded lawyer.

Wonder what his motive is?....

Comment

bmwilson & Ruken----a couple of comments on CAEPLA.

Been working and part of CAEPLA since help organize the large pipeline landowner group through the Saskatchewan Enbridge Corridor SAPLA and joining up with the large Manitoba MPLA landowner group and together through CAEPLA guidance saw the huge issues won for landowners affecting their ability to farm safely over the pipelines intruding on their lands in the SAPL/MPLA ENBRIDGE SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT---FALL 2007.

FYI----CAEPLA group does not align themselves up with any I repeat any political party. CAEPLA is across Canada and works with many great lawyers on property rights throughout the country.

Extreme credability with this group.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.