• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Irish Black Cattle

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irish Black Cattle

Just curious if anyone knows someone running Irish Black bulls.

The promotional material on respective websites seems promising - just looking for someone with first hand experience.

Are they as billed?

Thanks.

I met Mr. Boney in Billings about 8 or 9 years ago and saw the cattle first hand. He had put a lot of effort into creating the breed and through consistent selection had come up with some really nice cattle with very predictable traits. If you are simply looking for something new --- go for it. The cattle and the man have a lot of integrity. If you are looking for something comparable and in fact very comparable, you could have a look at our Welsh Black cattle that have been bred pure for many years. Just like any purebred program however, the cattle fit the mold of the breeder. Mr. Boney and I swapped pictures of a couple of bulls that could have been clones after I saw his herd bull in Montana.
    Cheers - Randy

Comment

Yep, and it only took a little bit of Irish leprechaun magic to create a breed like this out of a Friesian gene pool.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...