• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New BSE case March 4, 2011

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New BSE case March 4, 2011

The newest case was found in eastern Alberta (according to TV) and is consistent with previous BSE locations, aka near? Camp Wainwright! as well as near intensive O/G activities.

I don't know how Dr. Hauer of the CFIA can continue to spew the UK BSE Feed dogma, but that is the excuse. It's still working in the UK.

If any of the directly affected individuals wish to speak with me, I will be more than happy to suggest a few things like, having hair analysis done on some of their cattle, and family. Testing their water wells for uranium etc. I'm pretty certain CFIA won't make any such suggestions.

I guess I'm supposed to be pleased the media picked this up on a Friday, after the Gather at Brooks and after the Calgary Bull Sale (even though the news report below states that this positive case was known of for weeks prior to yesterdays announcement).

By the way, on Tuesday March 1/2011, I checked the CFIA website for any new BSE cases, and there was nothing listed there.

I also looked up the numbers in the UK, after learning a possible reason for why Guernsey Island has had such high incidents of BSE (on a per million head bases). It appears that Guernsey Island is just a little of the coast-line of France, just down stream so to speak from "La Hague" nuclear reprocessing facility which opened in 1976. from wikipedia: [Greenpeace has been campaigning since 1997 for the shutdown of the site, which they claim dumps "one million litres of liquid radioactive waste per day" into the ocean; "the equivalent of 50 nuclear waste barrels", claiming the radiation affects local beaches.]

New BSE case in Alberta article:
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/story/2011/03/04/calgary-alberta-mad-cow-disease-bse-case.html?ref=rss
    partial quote:
    [A full investigation under international BSE guidelines has begun. The animal's birth farm has been identified, and the CFIA said the age and location of the infected animal were consistent with previous cases of BSE found in Canada.

The farm where the dairy cow was found is under quarantine as officials test the feed and other animals in the herd for the disease.

Dr. Gerald Hauer, Alberta's chief veterinarian, said any animals that were born on the farm or shared the same feed as the infected cow will be destroyed.

"Public health was clearly protected here. There is no risk from this cow. It is extremely unlikely that you would get a second case on the farm," Hauer said.]

Shoot, Shovel, Shutup. That Simple Too......

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...
    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.