• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

forming a partnership

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

forming a partnership

What is involved in forming a partnership? Do you have to do some paperwork and send to revenue canada? When do you have to have it done by, anytime througout the year or before the start of a new tax year? Various factors here the obvious of income splitting, but also, my wife is not getting much cpp as myself. Future tax implications down the road as well.

Thanks, Dwayne

There is a good discussion of farm partnerships at:

http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/busdev/facts/02-047.htm

I take it you are looking to form a farm partnership with your wife for tax purposes. You can simply pay your wife a wage and split income that way.

You really should talk with an accountant about this. Probably should talk to two accountants about this as not all accountants give equally good advice.

I presume you and your wife are on good terms marriage wise. Maybe a visit now to a divorce lawyer before you form a more formal partnership with your spouse would be worth the fee. In general, before forming a partnership with anyone give some thought to how will the partnership be ended at some point down the road.

Comment

Ya visit a divorce lawyer, accountant should be able to tell you what is at stake but not neccessarily. If you live common law or married your spouse is entitled to half of the gain. If she is a full equal partner I would think she just took half your total assets. May be better to pay a few taxes or put assets in kids names instead. Not fun to worth more dead than alive. Sorry about you women here but as far as business partners when you change your mind every 10 minutes, not good really.

Comment

Following the Britain exit program from EU , CardinalHealth-Finance (UK) is sourcing for commercial investment opportunities globally.

What financing size and terms are you looking for? I would suggest you hit up @ Cardinalhealth Finance company.

A financial solution from Cardinalhealth Finance has many advantages over a traditional commercial loan from a bank.Our low interest-loan offer is available to both commercial and farm properties.

kindly send in your inquiries and Visit the website: /http://cardinalhealthfinance.com/asset-based-loans/

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.