• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keith Wilson Meets With Mel Knight

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keith Wilson Meets With Mel Knight

Keith Wilson has met with Minister Mel Knight on the proposed changes to Bill 36. The question is whether or not this answers any of your questions and concerns. I talked to Keith just minutes after his meeting with the minister. [URL="http://realagriculture.com/2011/03/01/keith-wilson-talks-about-his-meeting-with-mel-knight-and-the-amendments-to-bill-36/"]See my interview here[/URL]. In the post is the actual amendment document for you to read yourself.

What do you think? Is the government showing that they are listening or just re-arranging words?

Mel Knight & the conservatives both need to be tossed from office.

I didn't think it was possible two farmers Knight & Stelmack could mess things up so badly...both clueless.

Comment

Stelmach hasn't farmed for 25 years. Knight was in the oil patch and never really a farmer. Morton (political science prof) was the driver of this bill. 40 years of continuous power breeds the government we have today. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting change is well..... Using an aspirin only masks the headache and doesn't get to the cause. We know what to do here but as in the past they will change the facade and everyone will think this is different and great and we will get more of what we deserve.

Comment

The big power grab is still on. To state that the government cannot negate a land title is cold comfort. Implies that everything else is fair game. Grazing lease holders AWAKE!!! HT

Comment

They are in damage control. back peddly as fast and hard as they can. Internally they know the hand writting is on the wall, so will do WHAT EVER it take to reqain face.

Comment

Per, Allfarmer, Wd40, Happytrails---All great comments. Some of you already know I spent 20 years living and being part of your great province of Alberta. The oil/gas infiltration into the governments, boards have been going on since the great Lougheed years.

Since 1996 we relocated back to Saskatchewan (our home) and look west and watch "WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ALBERTA AND HOW IT IS BEGINNING TO HAPPEN HERE IN SASKATCHEWAN".

Some of you know my recent involvement with Landowner associations (SAPL) and working with CAPLA now CAEPLA how the Federal Governments work also. It has been pointed out to me by the CAEPLA landowners of south western Ontario how Federal policital appointments continue to those FEDERAL MPS, Prime Ministers etc to boards of directors to the major energy boards (Great $$$ rewards) with the BIG GIANT PIPELINE COMPANIES.

I have taken that scope and watch how Alberta Governemnt personnel once they have completed their 2 terms get appointments as well to energy companies serving your great province.

The bills that are "taking away landowner rights" in Alberta were passed with most of your MLAs not even reading the language or receiving interpretation of the language in the bills that are now in question.

Again this thread is bringing out great knowledge from agrivillers.

Comment

Ted Morton was mostly likely sent to Alberta by Dick Cheney (both are Wyoming based) and Morton's dad was a supporter of Cheney.

Cheney's company Halliburton moved its head offices out of the USA to Dubai. The only offices for Halliburton in Canada are in Calgary.

It is only a matter of time, if we do not fight these REGIONAL PLANS, before some "national emergency" forces our governments' to succeed power to NORAD and a North American Council. Harper just met with Obama a couple weeks ago, to confirm that our police and troops will be interchangeable between the USA and Canada.

The move to put all the people within cities is growing year by year. We can either accept this fate, or not!

The East Central Review had two good letters to Editor regarding 1. these bills and Jack Hayden (hidin Hayden)... and another on loss of services like schools, hospitals, etc, in the rural communities. These two go hand in hand. I hope the editor of the paper knows this connection. As government takes control of the Province away from municipalities, towns and cities... the bulk of our taxes will go to the cities and/or to the corporate projects needed to **** Alberta of its natural resources - for the benefit of Americans and international corporations.

Comment

Katty Who???

http://takingliberty.us/TLHome.html - WildLands Project - How Private Property is being Abolished in America

Comment

Just looked through this weeks Western Producer. Lots of pages of coverage over Alberta MLA comments and talk over Alberta Land Use BIlls.

Good work grass-roots rural Alberta. Still have to get that information into your major cities.

Comment

BTOfarmall - where did you find this???

I have been looking for this information for ages! Have heard people on the radio program "Derry Brownfield" (out of Missouri)discuss bits and pieces, and would like to get some of these folks up to Alberta to speak.

Just started to watch the presentation at:
                    http://takingliberty.us/TLHome.html - WildLands Project - How Private Property is being Abolished in America

- this is going to help explain alot things to alot of people. I hope EVERYONE will take the time to watch the "Taking Liberty" presentation.

Have had the map, for some time. It was part of the United Nations "Agenda 21" project. Good going BTOfarmall!!!

Comment

You are quite welcome Sweetheart. No need to Thank Me, Thank You fer clickin on da Link. I found it on Google Mam. Amazing what one kin find wit a little effort. Realize dis is gist a piece of da Puzzle to A Much Bigger Picture. Da Battle wit da INFOWAR has begun, & Dey know it. Dis is why You's are hearin about Net Netruality & da Internet Kill Switch Comin. Yer last True Source of Information is comin to an End here Shortly. What you kin do fer me is tell Each & Everyone You's Know, & have them do da same.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PvaNWrkFeQ - Ron Paul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiMz43zdE8k - Irwin Schiff

Comment

I fear that the new wording on '36' et al is just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic...it will not achieve anything for land owner protection--just cloaks the intent in different wording--still means the same thing and some politician 10 years down the road will look at it and take advantage of the wording. Here in our County we have a 'Think Fresh' group who are mostly acreage people telling the ag. crowd how to care for wetlands, riparian areas, sensitive areas and the like. Now don't get me wrong I am all for looking after the environment, and do so to the best of my ability, however, I do see a time when land owners will be told exactly what to do, when to do it and what it will cost them in effort and money. We in the ag industry, continue to feed these folks for cheap, keep their vistas intact, look after their water quality, all the while by being painted as villans on the land. This province needs a complete house-cleaning on the political side and thank goodness for people like Keith Wilson and groups like CAEPLA who attempt to fight the politicos in Edmonton and awaken the sleeping population about what could happen to their little plot of land, even in the cities, should the province need it 'for the greater good'. In an interview with Dave Rutherford on CHQR 770 this week, Mel Knight, said 'can you imagine a nice, old grandpa like me taking someone's land?' His words--not mine. Be afraid, be very afraid!!

Comment

Sorry I choose not to be afraid.

I listened to "our MLAs" at the Alberta Beef Industry Conference and was happy with what they said. If anyone should be on the hot box,it's the lawyer who's raising a big stink and hoping for business. The idea of having my land expropriated for the greater good is fine with me so long as I get paid fair market value for it...and I trust that I would.
                          Watch for half truths, as they exist on both sides...

Comment

Guess you choose to be uninformed too Ruken - there is NO compensation period - never mind fair market value. Read the Bills it's clearly spelled out.

Comment

What I heard was don't worry trust us. Did you sit at lunch with any of them and dig a little deeper?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...